David Parsons, Ph.D., received his Ph.D. from Dalhousie University in 2017 under the supervision of James Robar, Ph.D. He then completed his clinical training at UT Southwestern Medical Center's Medical Physics Residency Program. Upon completion of residency he accepted a faculty position at UT Southwestern Medical Center. His research interests include image guidance in radiotherapy, motion management, novel treatment techniques and the use of Monte Carlo simulation in radiotherapy.
- Image guided radiation therapy
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Motion management in radiation therapy
- Novel treatment techniques in radiation therapy
- Surface guided radiation therapy
- Investigating the impacts of intrafraction motion on dosimetric outcomes when treating small targets with virtual cones.
- Church C, Parsons D, Syme A, J Appl Clin Med Phys 2021 Jul
- POD-DOSI: A dedicated dosimetry system for GammaPod commissioning and quality assurance.
- Parsons D, Zhang Y, Gu X, Lu W, Med Phys 2020 May
- Electron modulated arc therapy (EMAT) using photon MLC for postmastectomy chest wall treatment I: Monte Carlo-based dosimetric characterizations.
- Ma C, Parsons D, Chen M, Jiang S, Hou Q, Gu X, Lu W, Phys Med 2019 Nov 67 1-8
- Technical Note: Evaluation of kV CBCT enhancement using a liver-specific contrast agent for stereotactic body radiation therapy image guidance.
- Lincoln JD, Parsons D, Clarke SE, Cwajna S, Robar JL, Med Phys 2019 Mar 46 3 1175-1181
- Toward a pre-clinical irradiator using clinical infrastructure.
- Parsons D, Church C, Syme A, Phys Med 2019 Feb 58 21-31
- 4D liver tumor localization using cone-beam projections and a biomechanical model.
- Zhang Y, Folkert MR, Li B, Huang X, Meyer JJ, Chiu T, Lee P, Tehrani JN, Cai J, Parsons D, Jia X, Wang J Radiother Oncol 2018 Nov
- Flattening filter free in intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) - theoretical modeling with delivery efficiency analysis.
- Ma C, Chen M, Long T, Parsons D, Gu X, Jiang S, Hou Q, Lu W Med Phys 2018 Oct
- Prototype volumetric ultrasound tomography image guidance system for prone stereotactic partial breast irradiation: proof-of-concept.
- Chiu TD, Parsons D, Zhang Y, Hrycushko B, Zhao B, Chopra R, Kim N, Spangler A, Rahimi A, Timmerman RD, Jiang SB, Lu W, Gu X Phys Med Biol 2018 Feb
- Patient specific methods for room-mounted x-ray imagers for monoscopic/stereoscopic prostate motion monitoring.
- Stevens MTR, Parsons DD, Robar JL, J Appl Clin Med Phys 2017 Jul 18 4 40-50
- Current modulated volume-of-interest imaging for kilovoltage intrafaction monitoring of the prostate.
- Parsons D, Stevens MT, Robar JL, Med Phys 2017 Apr 44 4 1479-1493
Honors & Awards
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Doctoral Research Award
- American Brachytherapy Society (2019)
- American Society for Radiation Oncology (2018)
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine (2017)
- Canadian Organization of Medical Physicists (2017)