David Parsons, Ph.D., received his Ph.D. from Dalhousie University in 2017 under the supervision of James Robar, Ph.D. He then completed his clinical training at UT Southwestern Medical Center's Medical Physics Residency Program. Upon completion of residency he accepted a faculty position at UT Southwestern Medical Center. His research interests include image guidance in radiotherapy, motion management, novel treatment techniques and the use of Monte Carlo simulation in radiotherapy.
- Image guided radiation therapy
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Motion management in radiation therapy
- Novel treatment techniques in radiation therapy
- Surface guided radiation therapy
- Clinical experience on patient-specific quality assurance for CBCT-based online adaptive treatment plan.
- Shen C, Chen L, Zhong X, Gonzalez Y, Visak J, Meng B, Inam E, Parsons D, Godley A, Jiang S, Cai B, Lin MH, J Appl Clin Med Phys 2023 Feb e13918
- Feasibility and efficacy of active breathing coordinator assisted deep inspiration breath hold technique for treatment of locally advanced breast cancer.
- All S, Zhao B, Montalvo S, Maxwell C, Johns C, Gu X, Rahimi A, Alluri P, Parsons D, Chiu T, Schroeder S, Kim DN, J Appl Clin Med Phys 2023 Feb 24 2 e13893
- Evaluation of plan quality and treatment efficiency in cranial stereotactic radiosurgery treatment plans with a variable source-to-axis distance.
- Church C, MacDonald RL, Parsons D, Syme A, Med Phys 2023 Feb
- Stability and reproducibility comparisons between deep inspiration breath-hold techniques for left-sided breast cancer patients: A prospective study.
- Parsons D, Joo M, Iqbal Z, Godley A, Kim N, Spangler A, Albuquerque K, Sawant A, Zhao B, Gu X, Rahimi A, J Appl Clin Med Phys 2023 Jan e13906
- Machine characterization and central axis depth dose data of a superficial x-ray radiotherapy unit.
- Xiong Z, Zhong Y, Banks TI, Reynolds R, Chiu T, Tan J, Zhang Y, Parsons D, Yan Y, Godley A, Stojadinovic S, Biomed Phys Eng Express 2022 Dec 9 1
- Region-of-interest intra-arc MV imaging to facilitate sub-mm positional accuracy with minimal imaging dose during treatment deliveries of small cranial lesions.
- Church C, Parsons D, Syme A, J Appl Clin Med Phys 2022 Nov 23 11 e13769
- On the feasibility of improved target coverage without compromising organs at risk using online adaptive stereotactic partial breast irradiation (A-SPBI).
- Montalvo SK, Kim N, Nwachukwu C, Alluri P, Parsons D, Lin MH, Cai B, Zhuang T, Hrycushko B, Chen L, Timmerman R, Rahimi A, J Appl Clin Med Phys 2022 Nov e13813
- 3D printed integrated bolus/headrest for radiation therapy for malignancies involving the posterior scalp and neck.
- Hsu EJ, Parsons D, Chiu T, Godley AR, Sher DJ, Vo DT, 3D Print Med 2022 Jul 8 1 22
- A How-To Compendium for GammaPod Treatments, Clinical Workflow, and Clinical Program at an Early Adopting Institution.
- Zhang-Velten E, Zhang Y, Radpour S, Gu X, Kim DN, Alluri P, Nwachukwu C, Chiu T, Lu W, Parsons D, Tan J, Gillespie J, Stevenson S, Choy H, Timmerman R, Rahimi A, Pract Radiat Oncol 2022 Feb
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy Enabled Total Body Irradiation (VMAT-TBI): Six-year Clinical Experience and Treatment Outcomes.
- Zhang-Velten ER, Parsons D, Lee P, Chambers E, Abdulrahman R, Desai NB, Dan T, Wardak Z, Timmerman R, Vusirikala M, Patel P, Simms-Waldrip T, Aquino V, Koh A, Tan J, Iqbal Z, Zhang Y, Reynolds R, Chiu T, Joo M, Hrycushko B, Ouyang L, Lamphier R, Yan Y, Jiang SB, Kumar KA, Gu X, Transplant Cell Ther 2021 Nov
Honors & Awards
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Doctoral Research Award
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine (2017)
- American Brachytherapy Society (2019)
- American Society for Radiation Oncology (2018)
- Canadian Organization of Medical Physicists (2017)