Zohaib Iqbal, Ph.D., received his bachelor’s degree in physics from The College of New Jersey, and his M.S. and Ph.D. in biomedical physics from the University of California at Los Angeles. After that, Dr. Iqbal completed his medical physics residency in the Department of Radiation Oncology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Following graduation, he was an Assistant Professor at the University of Alabama in Birmingham for two years. In 2022, he joined UT Southwestern’s Department of Radiation Oncology as an Assistant Professor in the Division of Medical Physics and Engineering.
- Adaptive radiation therapy
- Artificial intelligence in medicine
- MR spectroscopy
- Stability and reproducibility comparisons between deep inspiration breath-hold techniques for left-sided breast cancer patients: A prospective study.
- Parsons D, Joo M, Iqbal Z, Godley A, Kim N, Spangler A, Albuquerque K, Sawant A, Zhao B, Gu X, Rahimi A, J Appl Clin Med Phys 2023 Jan e13906
- Dictionary learning compressed sensing reconstruction: pilot validation of accelerated echo planar J-resolved spectroscopic imaging in prostate cancer.
- Joy A, Nagarajan R, Saucedo A, Iqbal Z, Sarma MK, Wilson N, Felker E, Reiter RE, Raman SS, Thomas MA, MAGMA 2022 Aug 35 4 667-682
- Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy Enabled Total Body Irradiation (VMAT-TBI): Six-year Clinical Experience and Treatment Outcomes.
- Zhang-Velten ER, Parsons D, Lee P, Chambers E, Abdulrahman R, Desai NB, Dan T, Wardak Z, Timmerman R, Vusirikala M, Patel P, Simms-Waldrip T, Aquino V, Koh A, Tan J, Iqbal Z, Zhang Y, Reynolds R, Chiu T, Joo M, Hrycushko B, Ouyang L, Lamphier R, Yan Y, Jiang SB, Kumar KA, Gu X, Transplant Cell Ther 2022 02 28 2 113.e1-113.e8
- Dosimetric Evaluation Between the Conventional Volumetrically Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT) Total Body Irradiation (TBI) and the Novel Simultaneous Integrated Total Marrow Approach (SIMBa) VMAT TBI.
- Stanley D, McConnell K, Iqbal Z, Everett A, Dodson J, Keene K, McDonald A, Cureus 2021 Jun 13 6 e15646
- Deep learning can accelerate and quantify simulated localized correlated spectroscopy
- Iqbal Z, Nguyen D, Thomas MA, Jiang S Sci Rep 2021 11 1 1-3
- Modeling Elekta VersaHD using the Varian Eclipse treatment planning system for photon beams: A single-institution experience.
- Zhang Y, Le AH, Tian Z, Iqbal Z, Chiu T, Gu X, Pugachev A, Reynolds R, Park YK, Lin MH, Stojadinovic S, J Appl Clin Med Phys 2019 Oct 20 10 33-42
- Super-Resolution 1H Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopic Imaging Utilizing Deep Learning.
- Iqbal Z, Nguyen D, Hangel G, Motyka S, Bogner W, Jiang S, Front Oncol 2019 9 1010
- 3D radiotherapy dose prediction on head and neck cancer patients with a hierarchically densely connected U-net deep learning architecture
- Nguyen D, Jia X, Sher D, Lin MH, Iqbal Z, Liu H, and Jiang S Phys Med Biol 2019 64 6
- A feasibility study for predicting optimal radiation therapy dose distributions of prostate cancer patients from patient anatomy using deep learning.
- Nguyen D, Long T, Jia X, Lu W, Gu X, Iqbal Z, Jiang S, Sci Rep 2019 01 9 1 1076
- Accurate real time localization tracking in a clinical environment using Bluetooth Low Energy and deep learning.
- Iqbal Z, Luo D, Henry P, Kazemifar S, Rozario T, Yan Y, Westover K, Lu W, Nguyen D, Long T, Wang J, Choy H, Jiang S, PLoS One 2018 13 10 e0205392
Honors & Awards
- Dissertation Year Fellowship, UCLA
- Magna Cum Laude Abstract Merit Award, International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- Merit-Based Scholarship, The College of New Jersey, Ewing
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine (2018)
- Task Group 370 Committee (2021)