- Medical School
- Washington University School of Medicine (2012)
- University of Washington Medical Center (2016), Anatomic & Clinical Pathology
- University of Washington Medical Center/Seattle Children's Hospital (2017), Pediatric Pathology
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Hirschsprung Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Pediatric and Perinatal Pathology
- Pediatric Medical Liver Disease
- Utilization Management
- Esophageal Fibrosis in Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Diseases.
- Thaker AI, Melo DM, Samandi LZ, Huang R, Park JY, Cheng E, J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2020 Nov
- Epithelial Indoleamine 2,3-Dioxygenase 1 Modulates Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor and Notch Signaling to Increase Differentiation of Secretory Cells and Alter Mucus-Associated Microbiota.
- Alvarado DM, Chen B, Iticovici M, Thaker AI, Dai N, VanDussen KL, Shaikh N, Lim CK, Guillemin GJ, Tarr PI, Ciorba MA, Gastroenterology 2019 10 157 4 1093-1108.e11
- Characterization of a severe case of PIK3CA-related overgrowth at autopsy by droplet digital polymerase chain reaction and report of PIK3CA sequencing in 22 patients.
- Piacitelli AM, Jensen DM, Brandling-Bennett H, Gray MM, Batra M, Gust J, Thaker A, Paschal C, Tsuchiya K, Pritchard CC, Perkins J, Mirzaa GM, Bennett JT Am. J. Med. Genet. A 2018 Nov 176 11 2301-2308
- Colonic Adventitial Fibromuscular Dysplasia: A Nonspecific Arteriopathy Associated With Hirschsprung Disease and Other Obstructive Disorders.
- Thaker AI, Kapur RP Pediatr. Dev. Pathol. 2017 Jan 1093526617739772
- Adenoid Stones - "Adenoliths".
- Sakano H, Thaker AI, Davis GE J Otol Rhinol 2015 Sep 4 4
- IDO1 metabolites activate ß-catenin signaling to promote cancer cell proliferation and colon tumorigenesis in mice.
- Thaker AI, Rao MS, Bishnupuri KS, Kerr TA, Foster L, Marinshaw JM, Newberry RD, Stenson WF, Ciorba MA Gastroenterology 2013 Aug 145 2 416-25.e1-4
- Modeling colitis-associated cancer with azoxymethane (AOM) and dextran sulfate sodium (DSS).
- Thaker AI, Shaker A, Rao MS, Ciorba MA J Vis Exp 2012 Sep 67
- Serum analysis of tryptophan catabolism pathway: correlation with Crohn's disease activity.
- Gupta NK, Thaker AI, Kanuri N, Riehl TE, Rowley CW, Stenson WF, Ciorba MA Inflamm. Bowel Dis. 2012 Jul 18 7 1214-20
Honors & Awards
- Young Investigator Award
Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists (2016)
- Resident Recruitment Award
Society for Pediatric Pathology (2014)
- Medical Student Research Fellowship
Howard Hughes Medical Institute (2009-2010)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2017)
- Texas Medical Association (2017)
- Texas Society of Pathologists (2017)
- Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists (2016)
- Society for Pediatric Pathology (2015)
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (2012)
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (2011)
- College of American Pathologists (2011)
- American Medical Association (2007)