Dr. Elizabeth Byrne is originally from San Antonio, TX and is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame. She received her medical degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and her Masters of Public Health from the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. She completed her residency in Pediatrics as well as a chief residency at the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago with Northwestern University.
She joined the UT Southwestern faculty in the Department of Pediatrics in 2017, and works as a hospitalist at Children’s Health Dallas and Children’s Health Plano. Her interests include pediatric inpatient medicine, simulation education, medical education and quality improvement initiatives.
- University of Notre Dame (2017), Psychology
- Medical School
- UT Health Center-San Antonio (2017), Medicine
- Graduate School
- Univ of Texas Health Science C (2017), Public Health
- Medical education
- Quality improvement
- Simulation training
- Pulmonary nontuberculous mycobacterial infections in hyper-IgE syndrome.
- Melia E, Freeman AF, Shea YR, Hsu AP, Holland SM, Olivier KN J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 2009 Sep 124 3 617-8
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Teaching Award
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (2014-2015)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- American Academy of Pediatrics