Ngoc Van Horn, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Dr. Ngoc L. Van Horn attended Texas A&M University from 2003-2007 where she graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Biology. She attended medical school at Texas A&M College of Medicine in College Station, TX and graduated in 2007. This was then followed by a Pediatric Residency from 2011-2014 at Scott and White McLane Children's Hospital associated with Texas A&M University. She then went on to complete a Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship from 2014-2017 at Saint Louis University Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical Center in Saint Louis, MO. She joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2017 and is currently a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics. Presently, she is an Assistant Professor and the Associate Director of Education in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine at the University of Texas Southwestern and Children's Medical Center Dallas.
- Medical School
- Texas A&M HSC College of Medicine (2011)
- Baylor Scott & White Health, Risk Management (2014), Pediatrics
- Saint Louis University Medical Center (2017), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Disaster Medicine
- Quality Improvement
- Resident Education
- Objective Evaluation of a Simulation Course for Residents in the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Department: Breaking Bad News.
- Yuan YY, Scott S, Van Horn N, Oke O, Okada P, Cureus 2019 Jan 11 1 e3903
- Feasibility of a Novel Combination of Influenza Vaccinations and Child Passenger Safety Seat Fittings in a Drive-through Clinic Setting.
- Le N, Charney RL, Gerard J Disaster Med Public Health Prep 2017 May 1-5
Honors & Awards
- SSM Cardinal Glennon SSMile Award
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine Resident of the Year
- Gold Humanism in Medicine Honor Society Nominee
- Golden Apple Award Recipient
Texas A&M University (2012-2013)
- American Academy of Pediatrics