Dr. Cohen is originally from Houston, Texas and attended medical school at the University of Texas School of Medicine in San Antonio. She started her medical training in Internal Medicine at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. There she was drawn to the complex care and multisystem approach of treating patients in the medical intensive care unit which helped fuel her decision to attend Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia for her fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care. At Emory, Leah worked with mentors in the Adult Cystic Fibrosis Clinic taking care of patients with CF who were now living longer and growing in number. The growing demand for physicians who focus on managing adult patients with CF is what brought Dr. Cohen to UT Southwestern. She currently specializes in Adult Cystic Fibrosis, Non-CF bronchiectasis, Critical Care, and other general pulmonary diseases including COPD and Asthma. Dr. Cohen’s interests outside of medicine include family, hiking, running, and sports.
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (2011)
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (2014), Internal Medicine
- Emory University School of Medicine (2017), Pulmonary Diseases & Critical Care Medicine
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Non-CF Bronchiectasis
- Post-lung Transplant Outcomes
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in Intensive Care Unit Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019.
- Cheruku S, Dave S, Goff K, Park C, Ebeling C, Cohen L, Styrvoky K, Choi C, Anand V, Kershaw C, J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2020 10 34 10 2595-2603
- In vitro activity of ceftolozane-tazobactam and ceftazidime-avibactam against Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated from patients with cystic fibrosis.
- Nolan PJ, Jain R, Cohen L, Finklea JD, Smith TT, Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 2020 Sep 99 2 115204
- End-of-Life Care in Cystic Fibrosis: Comparing Provider Practices Based on Lung Transplant Candidacy.
- Lange AV, Rueschhoff A, Terauchi S, Cohen L, Reisch J, Jain R, Finklea JD, J Palliat Med 2020 May
- A novel presentation of Mycobacterium avium complex in a recipient of a lung transplant: a case report.
- Cohen L, Guarner J, Hunt WR J Med Case Rep 2017 Aug 11 1 240
- Tuberculous Pleural Effusion.
- Cohen LA, Light RW Turk Thorac J 2015 Jan 16 1 1-9
- American Thoracic Society (2015)
- American College of Chest Physicians (2014)