Michael Kolessar, Psy.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He holds a joint appointment in the Department of Psychiatry.
Dr. Kolessar specializes in assessment and treatment of individuals with neurological disease or injury, and sees patients both in the inpatient and outpatient setting. Services provided include neuropsychological assessment, individual and group psychotherapy, and education to patient and families.
His research interests include functional neuroimaging, and self-awareness following traumatic brain injury.
- Graduate School
- Pacific University (2011), Clinical Psychology
- Michigan State University (2016), English
- Graduate School
- Pacific University (2016), Psychology
- Concussion knowledge among rehabilitation staff.
- Salisbury D, Kolessar M, Callender L, Bennett M Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent) 2017 Jan 30 1 33-37
- A longitudinal study evaluating the effects of interferon-alpha therapy on cognitive and psychiatric function in adults with chronic hepatitis C.
- Huckans M, Fuller B, Wheaton V, Jaehnert S, Ellis C, Kolessar M, Kriz D, Anderson JR, Berggren K, Olavarria H, Sasaki AW, Chang M, Flora KD, Loftis JM J Psychosom Res 2015 Feb 78 2 184-92
- Protective effects of higher cognitive reserve for neuropsychological and daily functioning among individuals infected with hepatitis C.
- Sakamoto M, Woods SP, Kolessar M, Kriz D, Anderson JR, Olavarria H, Sasaki AW, Chang M, Flora KD, Loftis JM, Huckans M J. Neurovirol. 2013 Oct 19 5 442-51
- A pilot study examining effects of group-based Cognitive Strategy Training treatment on self-reported cognitive problems, psychiatric symptoms, functioning, and compensatory strategy use in OIF/OEF combat veterans with persistent mild cognitive disorder and history of traumatic brain injury.
- Huckans M, Pavawalla S, Demadura T, Kolessar M, Seelye A, Roost N, Twamley EW, Storzbach D J Rehabil Res Dev 2010 47 1 43-60