Sari Bar, D.O. is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern and serves as the Medical Director of the Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics clinic at Children’s Medical Center Dallas.
Dr. Bar was born and raised in Fort Worth, Texas. She attended college at The University of Texas at Austin where she majored in Psychology and minored in Biology. She then attended medical school at Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences in Kansas City, Missouri. She completed her pediatric residency training and fellowship training in Developmental-Behavioral pediatrics at Hofstra-Northwell School of Medicine at Cohen Children's Medical Center in New York.
She joined the Division of Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics at UT Southwestern in September 2017.
- Medical School
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (2011)
- Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine at Cohen Children's Medical Center Program (2014), Pediatrics
- Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine at Cohen Children's Medical Center Program (2017), Pediatric Behavioral & Developmental
- Breastfeeding and neurodevelopmental outcomes
- High risk newborn follow-up and outcomes
- Pediatric residency education related to developmental-behavioral pediatrics
- Variation in Neonate Swaddling Techniques.
- Fletcher L, Pham T, Bar S, Li D, Spinazzola R, Papaioannou H, Milanaik R Adv Neonatal Care 2018 Aug 18 4 302-306
- Long-term neurodevelopmental benefits of breastfeeding.
- Bar S, Milanaik R, Adesman A Curr. Opin. Pediatr. 2016 Aug 28 4 559-66
Honors & Awards
- American Academy of Pediatrics Council on School Health Best Abstract Prize
- Northwell Health Annual Academic Competition
- Mary Colleen Alderman Clinical Excellence Award in Pediatrics
- Mary Colleen Alderman Pediatrics Award
- The Sparks Osteopathic Foundation Scholarship
- The Texas Alamo Scholarship
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics
- Texas Pediatric Society