Alex Tessnow, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Division of Endocrinology. His clinical and academic interests include thyroid disorders, thyroid nodules and thyroid cancer.
Dr. Tessnow earned his medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical School. He completed a residency in internal medicine at the University of Utah and received advanced training in the subspecialty of endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism through a fellowship at UT Southwestern. He also holds an MBA in health care leadership from UT Southwestern and the UT Dallas Naveen Jindal School of Management.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2011.
A Fellow of the American College of Endocrinology, Dr. Tessnow serves as Chief of the Endocrinology Service at Parkland Memorial Hospital and as an Academic Colleges mentor at UTSW. He is a member of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinology, the Endocrine Society, and the American Thyroid Association.
He has delivered several invited lectures and published numerous academic articles.
Dr. Tessnow has been included in D Magazine's Best Doctors list for several years.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1996)
- University of UTAH Healthcare - Salt Lake City (1999), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2009), Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Expression of Humoral Autoimmunity is Related to Androgen Receptor CAG Repeat Length in Men with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
- Tessnow AH, Olsen NJ, Kovacs WJ Journal of clinical immunology 2011 Mar 567-73
- The Changing Face of Sheehan Syndrome
- Tessnow A, Wilson J The American Journal of the Medical Sciences Spring 2010 Accepted for Publication
- Mediastinal paragangliomas: association with mutations in the succinate dehydrogenase genes and aggressive behavior
- Ghayee H, Havekes B, Corssmit E, Eisenhofer G, Hammes S, Ahmad Z, Tessnow A, Lazurova I, Adams K, Fojo A, Pacak K, Auchus R Endocrine Related Cancer Spring 2009 16/1 291-299
Honors & Awards
- Daniel W. Foster Clinical Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Endocrinology Fellowship teaching award (2013)
- North Central Texas Clinical and Translational Science Initiative Pilot
- Cardinal Spellman Award for Academic Achievement
- The Departmental Award in Chemistry
University of Dallas (1992)
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- American Thyroid Association (2011-2013)
- The Endocrine Society