Originally from Shaanxi, China, Dr. Wang holds a bachelor's degree in biology from Northwest A&F University in Yangling, China. He earned his doctorate in cell biology at Wuhan University.
Dr. Wang came to UT Southwestern as a Postdoctoral Researcher in the laboratory of Dr. Yonghao Yu to study the mechanism of PARP trapping and PAR biology. Upon complement of his postdoctoral training, Dr. Wang was recruited to the Department of Radiation Oncology as an Instructor in 2020. He then joined the laboratory of Dr. David McFadden as a faculty member and continued his research on cancer therapy.
Dr. Wang's current research interests include targeting EWS-FLI1 for degradation in Ewing sarcoma and explore the potential application in clinic.
- Mitochondrial Functions in Thyroid Cancer
- Targeted Protein Degradation and Cancer Therapy
- Uncoupling of PARP1 trapping and inhibition using selective PARP1 degradation.
- Wang S, Han L, Han J, Li P, Ding Q, Zhang QJ, Liu ZP, Chen C, Yu Y, Nat. Chem. Biol. 2019 Oct
- Landscape of Intercellular Crosstalk in Healthy and NASH Liver Revealed by Single-Cell Secretome Gene Analysis.
- Xiong X, Kuang H, Ansari S, Liu T, Gong J, Wang S, Zhao XY, Ji Y, Li C, Guo L, Zhou L, Chen Z, Leon-Mimila P, Chung MT, Kurabayashi K, Opp J, Campos-Pérez F, Villamil-Ramírez H, Canizales-Quinteros S, Lyons R, Lumeng CN, Zhou B, Qi L, Huertas-Vazquez A, Lusis AJ, Xu XZS, Li S, Yu Y, Li JZ, Lin JD, Mol. Cell 2019 Aug 75 3 644-660.e5
- Mapping the molecular signatures of diet-induced NASH and its regulation by the hepatokine Tsukushi.
- Xiong X, Wang Q, Wang S, Zhang J, Liu T, Guo L, Yu Y, Lin JD Mol Metab 2018 Dec
- WDFY1 mediates TLR3/4 signaling by recruiting TRIF.
- Hu YH, Zhang Y, Jiang LQ, Wang S, Lei CQ, Sun MS, Shu HB, Liu Y, EMBO Rep. 2015 Apr 16 4 447-55
- The ER-Associated Protein ZDHHC1 Is a Positive Regulator of DNA Virus-Triggered, MITA/STING-Dependent Innate Immune Signaling.
- Zhou Q, Lin H, Wang S, Wang S, Ran Y, Liu Y, Ye W, Xiong X, Zhong B, Shu HB, Wang YY Cell Host Microbe 2014 Oct 16 4 450-61
- STUB1 is essential for T-cell activation by ubiquitinating CARMA1.
- Wang S, Li Y, Hu YH, Song R, Gao Y, Liu HY, Shu HB, Liu Y, Eur. J. Immunol. 2013 Apr 43 4 1034-41
- USP2a positively regulates TCR-induced NF-?B activation by bridging MALT1-TRAF6.
- Li Y, He X, Wang S, Shu HB, Liu Y Protein Cell 2013 Jan 4 1 62-70
- LSm14A is a processing body-associated sensor of viral nucleic acids that initiates cellular antiviral response in the early phase of viral infection.
- Li Y, Chen R, Zhou Q, Xu Z, Li C, Wang S, Mao A, Zhang X, He W, Shu HB Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2012 Jul 109 29 11770-5
- Protein kinase C-d negatively regulates T cell receptor-induced NF-?B activation by inhibiting the assembly of CARMA1 signalosome.
- Liu Y, Song R, Gao Y, Li Y, Wang S, Liu HY, Wang Y, Hu YH, Shu HB, J. Biol. Chem. 2012 Jun 287 24 20081-7
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3? regulates IRF3 transcription factor-mediated antiviral response via activation of the kinase TBK1.
- Lei CQ, Zhong B, Zhang Y, Zhang J, Wang S, Shu HB, Immunity 2010 Dec 33 6 878-89
Site-Specific Characterization of Asp- and Glu-ADP-Ribosylation by Quantitative Mass Spectrometry. In Mass Spectrometry-Based Chemical Proteomics
Shuai Wang, Yajie Zhang, Yonghao Yu (2019). John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Honors & Awards
- National Scholarship for Graduate Students
Ministry of Education, China (2013)