Dr. Wang is originally from China, he received his B.S. in biology from Northwest A&F University (NWAFU) in 2009, and his Ph.D. in cell biology from Wuhan University in 2014. Upon complement of his graduate training, Dr. Wang worked as an assistant researcher at Central South University and did his postdoctoral training in the laboratory of Dr. Yonghao Yu at UT Southwestern, where he studied DNA damage response and drug resistance in cancer therapy. In 2020, Dr. Wang was recruited to Department of Radiation Oncology as an Instructor, his current research focus on immunotherapy in mismatch repair deficient cancers and targeting DNA damage machinery for cancer therapy.
- Mismatch Repair Deficiency and Immunotherapy
- Targeted Protein Degradation and Cancer Therapy
- Uncoupling of PARP1 trapping and inhibition using selective PARP1 degradation.
- Wang S, Han L, Han J, Li P, Ding Q, Zhang QJ, Liu ZP, Chen C, Yu Y, Nat. Chem. Biol. 2019 Oct
- Landscape of Intercellular Crosstalk in Healthy and NASH Liver Revealed by Single-Cell Secretome Gene Analysis.
- Xiong X, Kuang H, Ansari S, Liu T, Gong J, Wang S, Zhao XY, Ji Y, Li C, Guo L, Zhou L, Chen Z, Leon-Mimila P, Chung MT, Kurabayashi K, Opp J, Campos-Pérez F, Villamil-Ramírez H, Canizales-Quinteros S, Lyons R, Lumeng CN, Zhou B, Qi L, Huertas-Vazquez A, Lusis AJ, Xu XZS, Li S, Yu Y, Li JZ, Lin JD, Mol. Cell 2019 Aug 75 3 644-660.e5
- Mapping the molecular signatures of diet-induced NASH and its regulation by the hepatokine Tsukushi.
- Xiong X, Wang Q, Wang S, Zhang J, Liu T, Guo L, Yu Y, Lin JD Mol Metab 2018 Dec
- WDFY1 mediates TLR3/4 signaling by recruiting TRIF.
- Hu YH, Zhang Y, Jiang LQ, Wang S, Lei CQ, Sun MS, Shu HB, Liu Y, EMBO Rep. 2015 Apr 16 4 447-55
- The ER-Associated Protein ZDHHC1 Is a Positive Regulator of DNA Virus-Triggered, MITA/STING-Dependent Innate Immune Signaling.
- Zhou Q, Lin H, Wang S, Wang S, Ran Y, Liu Y, Ye W, Xiong X, Zhong B, Shu HB, Wang YY Cell Host Microbe 2014 Oct 16 4 450-61
- STUB1 is essential for T-cell activation by ubiquitinating CARMA1.
- Wang S, Li Y, Hu YH, Song R, Gao Y, Liu HY, Shu HB, Liu Y, Eur. J. Immunol. 2013 Apr 43 4 1034-41
- USP2a positively regulates TCR-induced NF-?B activation by bridging MALT1-TRAF6.
- Li Y, He X, Wang S, Shu HB, Liu Y Protein Cell 2013 Jan 4 1 62-70
- LSm14A is a processing body-associated sensor of viral nucleic acids that initiates cellular antiviral response in the early phase of viral infection.
- Li Y, Chen R, Zhou Q, Xu Z, Li C, Wang S, Mao A, Zhang X, He W, Shu HB Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2012 Jul 109 29 11770-5
- Protein kinase C-d negatively regulates T cell receptor-induced NF-?B activation by inhibiting the assembly of CARMA1 signalosome.
- Liu Y, Song R, Gao Y, Li Y, Wang S, Liu HY, Wang Y, Hu YH, Shu HB, J. Biol. Chem. 2012 Jun 287 24 20081-7
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3ß regulates IRF3 transcription factor-mediated antiviral response via activation of the kinase TBK1.
- Lei CQ, Zhong B, Zhang Y, Zhang J, Wang S, Shu HB, Immunity 2010 Dec 33 6 878-89
Site-Specific Characterization of Asp- and Glu-ADP-Ribosylation by Quantitative Mass Spectrometry. In Mass Spectrometry-Based Chemical Proteomics
Shuai Wang, Yajie Zhang, Yonghao Yu (2019). John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Honors & Awards
- National Scholarship for Graduate Students
Ministry of Education, China (2013)