Aravind R. Sanjeevaiah, M.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Division of Hematology & Oncology. He specializes in the evaluation and non-surgical treatment of gastrointestinal and breast cancers.
Originally from India, Dr. Sanjeevaiah earned his medical degree at Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute. He completed an internal medicine residency at Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island in Pawtucket, and received advanced training through a hematology and oncology fellowship at West Penn Alleghany Health System in Pittsburgh.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in internal medicine, hematology, and oncology, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2016.
Dr. Sanjeevaiah focuses his research on gastric cancer, immune therapies, and targeted therapies.
He is an active member of the American Society of Hematology and the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Medical School
- Bangalore Medical College, India (2003)
- Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island (2010), Internal Medicine
- Western Pennsylvania Hospital (2013), Hematology Oncology
- Gastric Cancer
- Immune Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
- Pro-inflammatory angiogenesis is mediated by p38 MAP kinase.
- Rajashekhar G, Kamocka M, Marin A, Suckow MA, Wolter WR, Badve S, Sanjeevaiah AR, Pumiglia K, Rosen E, Clauss M J. Cell. Physiol. 2011 Mar 226 3 800-8
- Robust functional vascular network formation in vivo by cooperation of adipose progenitor and endothelial cells.
- Traktuev DO, Prater DN, Merfeld-Clauss S, Sanjeevaiah AR, Saadatzadeh MR, Murphy M, Johnstone BH, Ingram DA, March KL Circ. Res. 2009 Jun 104 12 1410-20
- Follicle-stimulating hormone receptor DNA sequencing: investigation into possible glycoprotein receptor mutation in Van Wyk-Grumbach syndrome.
- Sanjeevaiah AR, Vassart G, Srikanta SS Endocr Pract 2008 Jul-Aug 14 5 648
- Precocious puberty and large multicystic ovaries in young girls with primary hypothyroidism.
- Sanjeevaiah AR, Sanjay S, Deepak T, Sharada A, Srikanta SS Endocr Pract 2007 Oct 13 6 652-5