Dr. Moralez’s primary research interests are in the assessment of autonomic cardiovascular responses to exercise, hypoxia and environmental stressors. Specifically, Dr. Moralez is interested in investigating the physiological mechanisms underlying the impaired autonomic control of sympathetic nerve activity to stressors in at-risk groups.
- Graduate School
- University of North Texas Heal (2016), Philosophy
- Autonomic and vascular responses to inflammation, oxidative stress and the activation of renin-angiotensin system.
- Autonomic responses and maladaptations to physiological stressors in clinical and at-risk populations.
- Cardiovascular responses and adaptations to exercise and environmental stressors.
- Mechanisms contributing to the devolvement of the hyperadrenergic disease state.
- Effect of centrally acting angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor on the exercise-induced increases in muscle sympathetic nerve activity.
- Moralez G, Jouett NP, Tian J, Zimmerman MC, Bhella P, Raven PB J. Physiol. (Lond.) 2018 Jun 596 12 2315-2332
- Losartan reduces the immediate and sustained increases in muscle sympathetic nerve activity after hyperacute intermittent hypoxia.
- Jouett NP, Moralez G, Raven PB, Smith ML J. Appl. Physiol. 2017 Apr 122 4 884-892
- N-Acetylcysteine reduces hyperacute intermittent hypoxia-induced sympathoexcitation in human subjects.
- Jouett NP, Moralez G, White DW, Eubank WL, Chen S, Tian J, Smith ML, Zimmerman MC, Raven PB Exp. Physiol. 2016 Mar 101 3 387-96
- Keeping Older Individuals Cool in Hot and Moderately Humid Conditions: Wetted Clothing with and without an Electric Fan.
- Cramer MN, Huang M, Moralez G, Crandall CG, J. Appl. Physiol. 2020 Feb
- Exercise Thermoregulation with a Simulated Burn Injury: Impact of Air Temperature.
- Cramer MN, Moralez G, Huang M, Kouda K, Poh PYS, Crandall CG, Med Sci Sports Exerc 2019 Oct
- Progressive Exercise Training Improves Maximal Aerobic Capacity in Individuals with Well-Healed Burn Injuries.
- Romero SA, Moralez G, Jaffery MF, Huang M, Cramer MN, Romain N, Kouda K, Haller RG, Crandall CG, Am. J. Physiol. Regul. Integr. Comp. Physiol. 2019 Aug
- Cardiac Structure and Function in Well-Healed Burn Survivors.
- Samuel TJ, Nelson MD, Nasirian A, Jaffery M, Moralez G, Romero SA, Cramer MN, Huang M, Kouda K, Hieda M, Sarma S, Crandall CG J Burn Care Res 2019 Feb 40 2 235-241
- No Thermoregulatory Impairment in Skin Graft Donor Sites during Exercise-Heat Stress.
- Cramer MN, Moralez G, Huang M, Crandall CG Med Sci Sports Exerc 2019 Jan
- Tolerance to a haemorrhagic challenge during heat stress is improved with inspiratory resistance breathing.
- Huang M, Brothers RM, Ganio MS, Lucas RAI, Cramer MN, Moralez G, Convertino VA, Crandall CG Exp. Physiol. 2018 09 103 9 1243-1250
- Effect of increases in cardiac contractility on cerebral blood flow in humans.
- Ogoh S, Moralez G, Washio T, Sarma S, Hieda M, Romero SA, Cramer MN, Shibasaki M, Crandall CG Am. J. Physiol. Heart Circ. Physiol. 2017 Dec 313 6 H1155-H1161
Honors & Awards
- Scholar (Cohort 7) Program to Increase Diversity among Individuals Engaged in Cardiovascular Health-Related Research (PRIDE-CVD) sponsored by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
- Wilderness Medical Society Research in Training Grant Award Recipient
- Mentor Judge Travel Award for the 2017 Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- Research Supplement to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research. National Institutes of Health - National Institute of General Medical Sciences
- The American Physiological Society, Caroline tum Suden/Francis A. Hellebrandt Professional Opportunity Award
- University of North Texas Health Science Center, Dean's Award for Scholarly Excellence in Research Nominee, Selected by the Committee for Graduate studies
- Young Investigator Award from Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine
- Wilderness Medical Society (2018)
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) (2013)
- American College of Sports Medicine (2009)
- Texas Chapter of American College of Sports Medicine (2008)
- American Physiological Society (2007)