Dr. Moralez’s primary research interests are in the assessment of autonomic cardiovascular responses to exercise, hypoxia and environmental stressors. Specifically, Dr. Moralez is interested in investigating the physiological mechanisms underlying the impaired autonomic control of sympathetic nerve activity to stressors in at-risk groups.
- Graduate School
- Uni of North Tx Health Science (2016), Biomedical Sciences
- Autonomic and vascular responses to inflammation, oxidative stress and the activation of renin-angiotensin system.
- Autonomic responses and maladaptations to physiological stressors in clinical and at-risk populations.
- Cardiovascular responses and adaptations to exercise and environmental stressors.
- Mechanisms contributing to the devolvement of the hyperadrenergic disease state.
- Effect of centrally acting angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor on the exercise-induced increases in muscle sympathetic nerve activity.
- Moralez G, Jouett NP, Tian J, Zimmerman MC, Bhella P, Raven PB J. Physiol. (Lond.) 2018 Jun 596 12 2315-2332
- Losartan reduces the immediate and sustained increases in muscle sympathetic nerve activity after hyperacute intermittent hypoxia.
- Jouett NP, Moralez G, Raven PB, Smith ML J. Appl. Physiol. 2017 Apr 122 4 884-892
- N-Acetylcysteine reduces hyperacute intermittent hypoxia-induced sympathoexcitation in human subjects.
- Jouett NP, Moralez G, White DW, Eubank WL, Chen S, Tian J, Smith ML, Zimmerman MC, Raven PB Exp. Physiol. 2016 Mar 101 3 387-96
- Exercise Training Improves Microvascular Function in Burn Injury Survivors.
- Romero SA, Moralez G, Jaffery MF, Huang MU, Engelland RE, Cramer MN, Crandall CG, Med Sci Sports Exerc 2020 Nov 52 11 2430-2436
- Low-dose ketamine affects blood pressure, but not muscle sympathetic nerve activity, during progressive central hypovolemia without altering tolerance.
- Huang M, Watso JC, Moralez G, Cramer MN, Hendrix JM, Yoo JK, Badrov MB, Fu Q, Hinojosa-Laborde C, Crandall CG, J Physiol 2020 Oct
- Low dose ketamine reduces pain perception and blood pressure, but not muscle sympathetic nerve activity, responses during a cold pressor test.
- Watso JC, Huang M, Moralez G, Cramer MN, Hendrix JM, Cimino FA, Belval LN, Hinojosa-Laborde C, Crandall CG, J Physiol 2020 Oct
- Interaction of Exercise Intensity and Simulated Burn Injury Size on Thermoregulation.
- Belval LN, Cramer MN, Moralez G, Huang M, Cimino FA, Watso JC, Crandall CG, Med Sci Sports Exerc 2020 Aug
- Dietary nitrate supplementation does not influence thermoregulatory or cardiovascular strain in older individuals during severe ambient heat stress.
- Cramer MN, Hieda M, Huang M, Moralez G, Crandall CG, Exp. Physiol. 2020 Aug
- Global Reach 2018 Heightened a-Adrenergic Signaling Impairs Endothelial Function During Chronic Exposure to Hypobaric Hypoxia.
- Tymko MM, Lawley JS, Ainslie PN, Hansen AB, Hofstaetter F, Rainer S, Amin S, Moralez G, Gasho C, Vizcardo-Galindo G, Bermudez D, Villafuerte FC, Hearon CM, Circ Res 2020 Jul 127 2 e1-e13
- The benefits of an unsupervised exercise program in persons with well-healed burn injuries within the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF).
- Huang M, Moralez G, Romero SA, Jaffery MF, Cramer MN, Petric JK, Nabasny AD, Crandall CG, Burns 2020 Jul
Honors & Awards
- Scholar (Cohort 7) Program to Increase Diversity among Individuals Engaged in Cardiovascular Health-Related Research (PRIDE-CVD) sponsored by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
- Wilderness Medical Society Research in Training Grant Award Recipient
- Mentor Judge Travel Award for the 2017 Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- Research Supplement to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research. National Institutes of Health - National Institute of General Medical Sciences
- The American Physiological Society, Caroline tum Suden/Francis A. Hellebrandt Professional Opportunity Award
- University of North Texas Health Science Center, Dean's Award for Scholarly Excellence in Research Nominee, Selected by the Committee for Graduate studies
- Young Investigator Award from Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine
- Wilderness Medical Society (2018)
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS) (2013)
- American College of Sports Medicine (2009)
- Texas Chapter of American College of Sports Medicine (2008)
- American Physiological Society (2007)