Dr. Nagalla graduated from Madras Medical College in Chennai, India. After completing his medical Oncology training at Drexel University College of Medicine, Dr.Nagalla moved to Thomas Jefferson University and the Cardeza Foundation for Hematologic Research in Philadelphia for his training in non-malignant hematology. Dr. Nagalla brings to UTSW a strong background in non-malignant hematology, research in platelet biology and medical education. He currently specializes in bleeding and clotting disorders, myeloproliferative neoplasms, bone marrow failure syndromes and other non-malignant hematological conditions. His clinical practice emphasizes on tailoring of treatment for the patient. Dr. Nagalla’s interests outside of medicine include his family, reading, and golf.
- Medical School
- Madras Medical College, the Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University (2001)
- Medical School
- University of North Dakota School of Medicine (2003)
- Drexel University College of Medicine (2004), Internal Medicine
- University of North Dakota School of Medicine (2006), Internal Medicine
- Drexel University College of Medicine (2008), Hematology Oncology
- Sidney Kimmel Medical College (2009), Hematology Oncology
- Cancer and Thrombosis
- Platelet Genetics
- Quantitative and Qualitative Platelet Disorders
- Effect of Vorapaxar Alone and in Combination with Aspirin on Bleeding Time and Platelet Aggregation in Healthy Adult Subjects.
- Kraft WK, Gilmartin JH, Chappell DL, Gheyas F, Walker BM, Nagalla S, Naik UP, Horrow JC, Wrishko RE, Zhang S, Anderson MS Clin Transl Sci 2016 Aug 9 4 221-7
- Personalized medicine in thrombosis: back to the future.
- Nagalla S, Bray PF Blood 2016 Jun 127 22 2665-71
- Reversibility of Apixaban Anticoagulation with a Four-Factor Prothrombin Complex Concentrate in Healthy Volunteers.
- Nagalla S, Thomson L, Oppong Y, Bachman B, Chervoneva I, Kraft WK Clin Transl Sci 2016 Jun 9 3 176-80
- Drugs for preventing red blood cell dehydration in people with sickle cell disease.
- Nagalla S, Ballas SK Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2016 3 CD003426
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors for proteinuria and microalbuminuria in people with sickle cell disease.
- Sasongko TH, Nagalla S, Ballas SK Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2015 6 CD009191
- Human platelet microRNA-mRNA networks associated with age and gender revealed by integrated plateletomics.
- Simon LM, Edelstein LC, Nagalla S, Woodley AB, Chen ES, Kong X, Ma L, Fortina P, Kunapuli S, Holinstat M, McKenzie SE, Dong JF, Shaw CA, Bray PF Blood 2014 Apr 123 16 e37-45
- Dual roles for immune metagenes in breast cancer prognosis and therapy prediction.
- Alistar A, Chou JW, Nagalla S, Black MA, D'Agostino R, Miller LD Genome Med 2014 6 10 80
- Racial differences in human platelet PAR4 reactivity reflect expression of PCTP and miR-376c.
- Edelstein LC, Simon LM, Montoya RT, Holinstat M, Chen ES, Bergeron A, Kong X, Nagalla S, Mohandas N, Cohen DE, Dong JF, Shaw C, Bray PF Nat. Med. 2013 Dec 19 12 1609-16
- Interactions between immunity, proliferation and molecular subtype in breast cancer prognosis.
- Nagalla S, Chou JW, Willingham MC, Ruiz J, Vaughn JP, Dubey P, Lash TL, Hamilton-Dutoit SJ, Bergh J, Sotiriou C, Black MA, Miller LD Genome Biol. 2013 14 4 R34
- Oncologic management of hereditary colorectal cancer.
- Yacoub G, Nagalla S, Aklilu M Clin Colon Rectal Surg 2012 Jun 25 2 118-22
Pharmacogenomics of Platelet Inhibitors. In New Therapeutic Agents in Thrombosis and Throjmbolysis, 3rd ed.
Nagalla S, Leal SM, Bray PF (2009). New York, NY, Informa Healthcare USA, Inc.
Drug Induced Platelet Dysfunction. In Clinical Decision Support: Hematology, 1st ed.
Nagalla S, Bray PF (2003).
Platelet Disorders (Inherited and Acquired). In Reference Module in Biomedical Sciences
Nagalla S, Bray PF (2014). Elsevier
Hypersplenism and Hyposplenism. In Williams Hematology, 9th ed.
Caro J, Nagalla S ().
Common Coagulation Disorders That May Arise Intraoperatively: Specifically DIC. In Anticoagulation and Hemostasis in Neurosurgery
Nagalla S, Merli G (2016). Springer International Publishing
Honors & Awards
- Dean's Award for Excellence in Education
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University (2015)
- Teacher of the Year, Internal Medicine Residency Program
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University (2014)
- Dr. John Owen Teaching Award
Division of Hematology/Oncology, Wake Forest School of Medicine (2011)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Medical Honor Society (2006)
- American College of Physicians (2014)
- American Society of Hematology (2006)