- Medical School
- Peking University Health Science Center, China (1992)
- Graduate School
- Kyoto University, Japan (2001), Pharmacology
- Postdoctoral Fellowship
- UCLA/Howard Hughes Medical Institute (2005), Pathology/lab Medicine
- UC San Diego Health (2006), Pathology
- Loma Linda University Medical Center (2009), Pathology
- City of Hope National Medical Center (2010), Hematopathology
- Molecular pathogenesis of lymphoma and leukemia, tumor immunology and GVHD
- Sickle cell disease, thrombosis, and vascular biology
- Viral infections and cancergenesis, and cancer stem cells
- Treatment of chronic graft versus host disease with bortezomib.
- Pai CC, Chen M, Mirsoian A, Grossenbacher SK, Tellez J, Ames E, Sun K, Jagdeo J, Blazar BR, Murphy WJ, Abedi M Blood 2014 Jul
- Detection of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) in human lymphoma tissue by a novel microbial detection array.
- Tellez J, Jaing C, Wang J, Green R, Chen M Biomark Res 2014 2 1 24
- Anti-proliferative but not anti-angiogenic tyrosine kinase inhibitors enrich for cancer stem cells in soft tissue sarcoma.
- Canter RJ, Ames E, Mac S, Grossenbacher SK, Chen M, Li CS, Borys D, Smith RC, Tellez J, Sayers TJ, Monjazeb AM, Murphy WJ BMC Cancer 2014 14 1 756
- Aging predisposes to acute inflammatory induced pathology after tumor immunotherapy.
- Bouchlaka MN, Sckisel GD, Chen M, Mirsoian A, Zamora AE, Maverakis E, Wilkins DE, Alderson KL, Hsiao HH, Weiss JM, Monjazeb AM, Hesdorffer C, Ferrucci L, Longo DL, Blazar BR, Wiltrout RH, Redelman D, Taub DD, Murphy WJ J. Exp. Med. 2013 Oct 210 11 2223-37
- Murine natural killer cell licensing and regulation by T regulatory cells in viral responses.
- Sungur CM, Tang-Feldman YJ, Ames E, Alvarez M, Chen M, Longo DL, Pomeroy C, Murphy WJ Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2013 Apr
- Hematological disorders following gastric bypass surgery: emerging concepts of the interplay between nutritional deficiency and inflammation.
- Chen M, Krishnamurthy A, Mohamed AR, Green R Biomed Res Int 2013 2013 205467
- Mouse NK cell-mediated rejection of bone marrow allografts exhibits patterns consistent with Ly49 subset licensing.
- Sun K, Alvarez M, Ames E, Barao I, Chen M, Longo DL, Redelman D, Murphy WJ Blood 2012 Feb 119 6 1590-8
- Ligand activation of LXR beta reverses atherosclerosis and cellular cholesterol overload in mice lacking LXR alpha and apoE.
- Bradley MN, Hong C, Chen M, Joseph SB, Wilpitz DC, Wang X, Lusis AJ, Collins A, Hseuh WA, Collins JL, Tangirala RK, Tontonoz P, J. Clin. Invest. 2007 Aug 117 8 2337-46
- Phosphorylation of the liver X receptors.
- Chen M, Bradley MN, Beaven SW, Tontonoz P, FEBS Lett. 2006 Sep 580 20 4835-41
- Identification and characterization of two alternatively spliced transcript variants of human liver X receptor alpha.
- Chen M, Beaven S, Tontonoz P, J. Lipid Res. 2005 Dec 46 12 2570-9
Hematological disorders following bariatric surgery.. In Pathophysiology of Bariatric Surgery: Metabolism, Nutrition, Procedures, Outcomes and Adverse Effects.
Qiu H, Green R, Chen M (2016). Victor Preedy, (ed), Academic Press.
Molecular Biology of Glycogen Storage Diseases. In Molecular Pathology of Liver Diseases
Chen M. (2010). Springer's ISBN 978-1-4419-7106-7, pp. 677-682., P.S. Monga. eds. Philip T. Cagle, editor., (ed),
Enumeration of Bone Marrow Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cells by Flow Cytometry. In Immunophenotyping: Methods and Protocols
Alsuwaidanand A, Fuda F, Chen W, and Chen M (2019). New York., Springer