- Medical School
- Peking University Health Science Center, China (1992)
- Graduate School
- Kyoto University, Japan (2001), Pharmacology
- Postdoctoral Fellowship
- UCLA/Howard Hughes Medical Institute (2005), Pathology/lab Medicine
- UC San Diego Health (2006), Pathology
- Loma Linda University Medical Center (2009), Pathology
- City of Hope National Medical Center (2010), Hematopathology
- Molecular pathogenesis of lymphoma and leukemia, tumor immunology and GVHD
- Sickle cell disease, thrombosis, and vascular biology
- Viral infections and cancergenesis, and cancer stem cells
- Blocking Indolamine-2,3-Dioxygenase Rebound Immune Suppression Boosts Antitumor Effects of Radio-Immunotherapy in Murine Models and Spontaneous Canine Malignancies.
- Monjazeb AM, Kent MS, Grossenbacher SK, Mall C, Zamora AE, Mirsoian A, Chen M, Kol A, Shiao SL, Reddy A, Perks JR, T N Culp W, Sparger EE, Canter RJ, Sckisel GD, Murphy WJ Clin. Cancer Res. 2016 Sep 22 17 4328-40
- Chronic eosinophilic leukemia, NOS with t(5;12)(q31;p13)/ETV6-ACSL6 gene fusion: a novel variant of myeloid proliferative neoplasm with eosinophilia.
- Su RJ, Jonas BA, Welborn J, Gregg JP, Chen M Hum Pathol (N Y) 2016 Sep 5 6-9
- Diagnosis and differential diagnosis of hepatic graft versus host disease (GVHD).
- Matsukuma KE, Wei D, Sun K, Ramsamooj R, Chen M J Gastrointest Oncol 2016 Apr 7 Suppl 1 S21-31
- Repeated PD-1/PD-L1 monoclonal antibody administration induces fatal xenogeneic hypersensitivity reactions in a murine model of breast cancer.
- Mall C, Sckisel GD, Proia DA, Mirsoian A, Grossenbacher SK, Pai CS, Chen M, Monjazeb AM, Kelly K, Blazar BR, Murphy WJ Oncoimmunology 2016 Feb 5 2 e1075114
- Expression of Lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor (LOX-1) in sickle cell disease vasculopathy
- Chen M, Qiu H, Lin X, Nam D, Ogbu-Nwobodo L, Archibald H, Joslin A, Wun T, Sawamura T, Green R Blood Cells, Molecules and Diseases 2016 60 September 44-8
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia with Isolated Trisomy 19 Associated with Diffuse Myelofibrosis and Osteosclerosis.
- Stelling A, Jonas BA, Rashidi HH, Abedi M, Chen M Cancers (Basel) 2015 Dec 7 4 2459-65
- NK Cells Preferentially Target Tumor Cells with a Cancer Stem Cell Phenotype.
- Ames E, Canter RJ, Grossenbacher SK, Mac S, Chen M, Smith RC, Hagino T, Perez-Cunningham J, Sckisel GD, Urayama S, Monjazeb AM, Fragoso RC, Sayers TJ, Murphy WJ, J. Immunol. 2015 Oct 195 8 4010-9
- Enhanced targeting of stem-like solid tumor cells with radiation and natural killer cells.
- Ames E, Canter RJ, Grossenbacher SK, Mac S, Smith RC, Monjazeb AM, Chen M, Murphy WJ Oncoimmunology 2015 Sep 4 9 e1036212
- Mice deficient in Rbm38, a target of the p53 family, are susceptible to accelerated aging and spontaneous tumors.
- Zhang J, Xu E, Ren C, Yan W, Zhang M, Chen M, Cardiff RD, Imai DM, Wisner E, Chen X Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2014 Dec 111 52 18637-42
- Adiposity induces lethal cytokine storm after systemic administration of stimulatory immunotherapy regimens in aged mice.
- Mirsoian A, Bouchlaka MN, Sckisel GD, Chen M, Pai CC, Maverakis E, Spencer RG, Fishbein KW, Siddiqui S, Monjazeb AM, Martin B, Maudsley S, Hesdorffer C, Ferrucci L, Longo DL, Blazar BR, Wiltrout RH, Taub DD, Murphy WJ J. Exp. Med. 2014 Nov 211 12 2373-83
Hematological disorders following bariatric surgery.. In Pathophysiology of Bariatric Surgery: Metabolism, Nutrition, Procedures, Outcomes and Adverse Effects.
Qiu H, Green R, Chen M (2016). Victor Preedy, (ed), Academic Press.
Molecular Biology of Glycogen Storage Diseases. In Molecular Pathology of Liver Diseases
Chen M. (2010). Springer's ISBN 978-1-4419-7106-7, pp. 677-682., P.S. Monga. eds. Philip T. Cagle, editor., (ed),
Enumeration of Bone Marrow Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cells by Flow Cytometry. In Immunophenotyping: Methods and Protocols
Alsuwaidanand A, Fuda F, Chen W, and Chen M (2019). New York., Springer