Dr. Guenther is originally from Wisconsin and received his undergraduate medical training at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison, Wisconsin. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at UTSW. His research interests include clinical quality improvement and informatics. He currently practices Hospital Medicine at Clements University Hospital and chose to work in the UTSW system due to the excellent integrated multidisciplinary care model followed here. Outside of medicine, his interests include family, reading, and live music.
- Medical School
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (2016)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2019), Internal Medicine
- Medical Informatics
- Quality Improvement
- Palliative care and end-of-life health care utilization in elderly patients with pancreatic cancer.
- Bhulani N, Gupta A, Gao A, Li J, Guenther C, Ahn C, Paulk E, Houck S, Beg MS J Gastrointest Oncol 2018 Jun 9 3 495-502
- Overexpression of the novel senescence marker ß-galactosidase (GLB1) in prostate cancer predicts reduced PSA recurrence.
- Wagner J, Damaschke N, Yang B, Truong M, Guenther C, McCormick J, Huang W, Jarrard D, PLoS ONE 2015 10 4 e0124366
- Dallas County Medical Society (2019)
- Texas Medical Association (2019)
- American College of Physicians (2016)
- American Medical Association (2012)