Jane S. Chung, M.D., is a sports medicine physician at Scottish Rite for Children Orthopedic and Sports Medicine center located in Frisco, Texas. She earned her medical degree at St. George's University School of Medicine. She completed her internship and pediatric residency training at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center - New Orleans Children's Hospital. She completed a fellowship in pediatric sports medicine at the Case Medical Center and affiliated University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio. She is board-certified in pediatric medicine and sports medicine. She cares for young and growing athletes with musculoskeletal injuries and conditions affecting their ability to participate in sports and other activities. As a former dancer, Dr. Chung developed an interest in caring for female athletes. She is a member of the Female and Male Athlete Triad Coalition and frequently teaches healthcare professionals and the community about the risks of under-fueling for sports, stress fractures and female athlete triad.
- Injury prevention
- Musculoskeletal injuries in young athletes
- Needs of the female athlete
- Sports-related concussions
- Stress fractures
- Improvement in balance from diagnosis to return-to-play initiation following a sport-related concussion: BESS scores vs center-of-pressure measures.
- Ulman S, Erdman AL, Loewen A, Worrall HM, Tulchin-Francis K, Jones JC, Chung JS, Ellis HB, Cullum CM, Miller SM, Brain Inj 2022 Aug 1-10
- Epidemiology of Pediatric Basketball Injuries Presenting to Emergency Departments: Sex- and Age-Based Patterns.
- Zynda AJ, Wagner KJ, Liu J, Chung JS, Miller SM, Wilson PL, Ellis HB, Orthop J Sports Med 2022 Jan 10 1 23259671211066503
- Sports Bra Preferences by Age and Impact of Breast Size on Physical Activity among American Females.
- Rizzone KH, Edison B, Coleman N, Carter C, Ichesco I, Cassidy P, Chung J, Jones CMC, Int J Environ Res Public Health 2021 12 18 23
- Continued play following adolescent sport-related concussion: Prospective data from the North Texas Concussion Registry (ConTex).
- Zynda AJ, Worrall HM, Sabatino MJ, Ellis HB, Chung JS, Cullum CM, Miller SM, Appl Neuropsychol Child 2021 Aug 1-12
- The American Journal of Sports Medicine
- Wagner KJ, Sabatino MJ, Zynda AJ, Gans CV, Chung JS, Miller SM, Wilson PL, Ellis HB Activity Measures in Pediatric Athletes: A Comparision of the HSS Pedi-FABS and Tegner Activity Level Scale 2020 48 4 985-990
- Association Between Sleep Quality and Recovery Following Sport-Related Concussion in Pediatrics.
- Chung JS, Zynda AJ, Didehbani N, Hicks C, Hynan LS, Miller SM, Bell KR, Cullum CM, J. Child Neurol. 2019 May 883073819849741
- Sport Participation and Specialization Characteristics Among Pediatric Soccer Athletes.
- McLeod TV, Israel M, Christino MA, Chung JS, McKay SD, Lang PJ, Bell DR, Chan CM, Crepeau A, Davis E, Fletcher AL, Laniak J, McCaffrey K, Pacicca D, Riederer M, Rizzone K, Rush JK, Zaslow T, Orthop J Sports Med 2019 Mar 7 3 2325967119832399
- J Child Orthop
- Sabatino MJ, Gans CV, Zynda AJ, Chung JS, Miller SM, Wilson PL, Jo CH, Ellis HB, An electronic patient-reported outcomes measurement system in paediatric orthopaedics 2019 13 4 431-437
- Concurrent Bilateral Anterior Tibial Stress Fractures and Vitamin D Deficiency in an Adolescent Female Athlete with Early Surgical Intervention. Case report article.
- Chung J, Sabatino M, Fletcher A, Bone H Front. Pediatr. 2019
- Athlete's Parent
- Chung, J Cardiac Screening for Young Athletes 2017
Honors & Awards
- Best Doctors in Collin County
- American Academy of Pediatrics Young Physician Leadership Alliance
- Geoffrey Bourne Scholarship, St. George's University
- SOLO Leadership Award, UCSD
- Chancellor's Undergraduate Research Scholarship, UCSD
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Pediatrics Council on Sports Medicine and Fitness
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Society for Sport Medicine
- Female and Male Athlete Triad Coalition
- Pediatric Research in Sports Medicine
- Texas Pediatric Society