Dr. Wagner was born and raised in Wisconsin. She went to medical school at University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health where she did extensive bench research on prostate cancer. She completed her training at University of Texas Southwestern for Internal Medicine residency. She is excited to start her career with UTSW at Parkland Hospital. She was drawn to UTSW for its strong clinical medicine, fantastic faculty, and robust research opportunities. She is fluent in Spanish. Her clinical interests include quality improvement, public health, and provider communications with patients and their families. Her hobbies include hiking, playing clarinet, and playing with her Boston Terrier dog.
- Medical School
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (2016)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2019), Internal Medicine
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Public Health; Particularly Tobacco and Alcohol Cessation
- Quality Improvement
- Persistence of senescent prostate cancer cells following prolonged neoadjuvant androgen deprivation therapy.
- Blute ML, Damaschke N, Wagner J, Yang B, Gleave M, Fazli L, Shi F, Abel EJ, Downs TM, Huang W, Jarrard DF, PLoS ONE 2017 12 2 e0172048
- Overexpression of the novel senescence marker ß-galactosidase (GLB1) in prostate cancer predicts reduced PSA recurrence.
- Wagner J, Damaschke N, Yang B, Truong M, Guenther C, McCormick J, Huang W, Jarrard D, PLoS ONE 2015 10 4 e0124366
- A Novel Pathway Links Oxidative Stress to Loss of Insulin Growth Factor-2 (IGF2) Imprinting through NF-?B Activation.
- Yang B, Wagner J, Damaschke N, Yao T, Wuerzberger-Davis SM, Lee MH, Svaren J, Miyamoto S, Jarrard DF PLoS ONE 2014 9 2 e88052
- Pyrosequencing for the rapid and efficient quantification of allele-specific expression.
- Yang B, Wagner J, Yao T, Damaschke N, Jarrard DF, Epigenetics 2013 Oct 8 10 1039-42
- Methylation profiling defines an extensive field defect in histologically normal prostate tissues associated with prostate cancer.
- Yang B, Bhusari S, Kueck J, Weeratunga P, Wagner J, Leverson G, Huang W, Jarrard DF, Neoplasia 2013 Apr 15 4 399-408
Honors & Awards
- Path of Distinction in Public Health
University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health (2016)
- Research Honors
University of Wisconsin-Madision School of Medicine and Public Health (2016)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Medical Honor Society (2015)
- Phi Kappa Phi
Honor Society (2011)
- Phi Beta Kappa
Honor Society (2010)
- American College of Physicians (2017)