Originally from Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, Dr. Deacon holds a bachelor's degree in biology and Spanish from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where she graduated with honors. She then earned her medical degree at UW-Madison with research honors. She completed internal medicine residency training at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Deacon joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2019.
Dr. Deacon's clinical interests include quality improvement, public health, and provider communications with patients and their families.
Dr. Deacon is a member of the Society of Hospital Medicine, the American College of Physicians, the Dallas County Medical Society, and the Texas Medical Association.
Outside of medicine, her hobbies include hiking, playing clarinet, and playing with her Boston Terrier dog.
- Medical School
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (2016)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2019), Internal Medicine
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Public Health; Particularly Tobacco and Alcohol Cessation
- Quality Improvement
- Persistence of senescent prostate cancer cells following prolonged neoadjuvant androgen deprivation therapy.
- Blute ML, Damaschke N, Wagner J, Yang B, Gleave M, Fazli L, Shi F, Abel EJ, Downs TM, Huang W, Jarrard DF, PLoS ONE 2017 12 2 e0172048
- Overexpression of the novel senescence marker ?-galactosidase (GLB1) in prostate cancer predicts reduced PSA recurrence.
- Wagner J, Damaschke N, Yang B, Truong M, Guenther C, McCormick J, Huang W, Jarrard D, PLoS ONE 2015 10 4 e0124366
- A Novel Pathway Links Oxidative Stress to Loss of Insulin Growth Factor-2 (IGF2) Imprinting through NF-?B Activation.
- Yang B, Wagner J, Damaschke N, Yao T, Wuerzberger-Davis SM, Lee MH, Svaren J, Miyamoto S, Jarrard DF PLoS ONE 2014 9 2 e88052
- Pyrosequencing for the rapid and efficient quantification of allele-specific expression.
- Yang B, Wagner J, Yao T, Damaschke N, Jarrard DF, Epigenetics 2013 Oct 8 10 1039-42
- Methylation profiling defines an extensive field defect in histologically normal prostate tissues associated with prostate cancer.
- Yang B, Bhusari S, Kueck J, Weeratunga P, Wagner J, Leverson G, Huang W, Jarrard DF, Neoplasia 2013 Apr 15 4 399-408
Honors & Awards
- Path of Distinction in Public Health
University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health (2016)
- Research Honors
University of Wisconsin-Madision School of Medicine and Public Health (2016)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Medical Honor Society (2015)
- Phi Kappa Phi
Honor Society (2011)
- Phi Beta Kappa
Honor Society (2010)
- American College of Physicians (2017)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2019)
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2021)
- Texas Medical Association (2019)