Dr. Gavinski is originally from Milwaukee, Wisconsin and received her initial medical training and master’s in public health from the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine. She pursued a residency in internal medicine at UT Southwestern drawn to its academic rigor, outstanding residents, supportive staff, and diverse patient population. She has a long-standing passion for primary care and medical education. Dr. Gavinski currently serves as the Internal Medicine Chief Medical Resident for Ambulatory Care.
- Clinical Reasoning
- Medical Education
- Primary Care
- Learning How to Build Illness Scripts.
- Gavinski K, Covin YN, Longo PJ Acad Med 2018 Oct
- Validation of the delirium observation screening scale in a hospitalized older population.
- Gavinski K, Carnahan R, Weckmann M, J Hosp Med 2016 07 11 7 494-7
Honors & Awards
- Lorraine Sulkin-Schein Award in Geriatric Medicine
UT Southwestern (2019)
- L. Randol Barker-Kern Award
JOhns Hopkins GIM Housestaff Research Award (2018)