Originally from Dayton, Ohio, Dr. Kalra holds a bachelor's degree in physiology at Michigan State University. He holds a master's degree in science and earned his medical degree at American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine. He completed internal medicine residency training at Wayne State University.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Kalra joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2016.
Dr. Kalra is a member of the American College of Physicians, the Dallas County Medical Society, and the Society of Hospital Medicine.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Kalra is married and a proud father of three beautiful daughters. He enjoys spending time with the family, movies, music, travel, and sports.
- Medical School
- American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine (1999)
- Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center (2004), Internal Medicine
- D-dimer for the exclusion of acute venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism: a systematic review.
- Stein PD, Hull RD, Patel KC, Olson RE, Ghali WA, Brant R, Biel RK, Bharadia V, Kalra NK Ann. Intern. Med. 2004 Apr 140 8 589-602
- Tracking the uptake of evidence: two decades of hospital practice trends for diagnosing deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
- Stein PD, Hull RD, Ghali WA, Patel KC, Olson RE, Meyers FA, Kalra NK Arch. Intern. Med. 2003 May 163 10 1213-9
- Deep venous thrombosis in a general hospital.
- Stein PD, Patel KC, Kalra NK, El Baage TY, Savarapu P, Silbergleit A, Check FE Chest 2002 Sep 122 3 960-2
- Estimated incidence of acute pulmonary embolism in a community/teaching general hospital.
- Stein PD, Patel KC, Kalra NK, Petrina M, Savarapu P, Furlong JW, Steele RD, Check FE Chest 2002 Mar 121 3 802-5