Dr. Madabhushi graduated with a bachleor's degree in Biology from the University of Bridgeport in Connecticut. He obtained his PhD in Molecular Biology from Weill Graduate School of Cornell University in New York, where he studied how cytokinesis is coordinated with chromosome segregation in the bacterial model organism, E. coli.
Subsequently, Dr. Madabhushi conducted his postdoctoral research at the Picower Institute for Learning and Memory at MIT, where he studied mechanisms governing genomic stability and activity-dependent gene expression in neurons.
Dr. Madabhushi joined the faculty in the Department of Psychiatry in 2017.
- University of Bridgeport (2003), Biology
- Graduate School
- Cornell University Medical Col (2010), Molecular & Cell Biology
- Chromatin dynamics and epigenetic regulation of activity-dependent gene expression
- The role of genomic instability in neurological disorders and cancer
- The Roles of DNA Topoisomerase IIß in Transcription.
- Madabhushi R Int J Mol Sci 2018 Jun 19 7
- Emerging themes in neuronal activity-dependent gene expression.
- Madabhushi R, Kim TK Mol. Cell. Neurosci. 2017 Dec
- Activity-Induced DNA Breaks Govern the Expression of Neuronal Early-Response Genes.
- Madabhushi R, Gao F, Pfenning AR, Pan L, Yamakawa S, Seo J, Rueda R, Phan TX, Yamakawa H, Pao PC, Stott RT, Gjoneska E, Nott A, Cho S, Kellis M, Tsai LH Cell 2015 Jun 161 7 1592-605
- DNA damage and its links to neurodegeneration.
- Madabhushi R, Pan L, Tsai LH Neuron 2014 Jul 83 2 266-82
- SIRT1 collaborates with ATM and HDAC1 to maintain genomic stability in neurons.
- Dobbin MM, Madabhushi R, Pan L, Chen Y, Kim D, Gao J, Ahanonu B, Pao PC, Qiu Y, Zhao Y, Tsai LH Nat. Neurosci. 2013 Aug 16 8 1008-15
- The Role of Epigenetic Mechanisms in the Regulation of Gene Expression in the Nervous System.
- Cholewa-Waclaw J, Bird A, von Schimmelmann M, Schaefer A, Yu H, Song H, Madabhushi R, Tsai LH J. Neurosci. 2016 Nov 36 45 11427-11434
- Cortical neurons gradually attain a post-mitotic state.
- Anda FC, Madabhushi R, Rei D, Meng J, Gräff J, Durak O, Meletis K, Richter M, Schwanke B, Mungenast A, Tsai LH Cell Res. 2016 Sep 26 9 1033-47
- Activity-dependent p25 generation regulates synaptic plasticity and Aß-induced cognitive impairment.
- Seo J, Giusti-Rodríguez P, Zhou Y, Rudenko A, Cho S, Ota KT, Park C, Patzke H, Madabhushi R, Pan L, Mungenast AE, Guan JS, Delalle I, Tsai LH Cell 2014 Apr 157 2 486-98
- Alzheimer's disease: A protective factor for the ageing brain.
- Tsai LH, Madabhushi R Nature 2014 Mar 507 7493 439-40
- Autism spectrum disorder susceptibility gene TAOK2 affects basal dendrite formation in the neocortex.
- de Anda FC, Rosario AL, Durak O, Tran T, Gräff J, Meletis K, Rei D, Soda T, Madabhushi R, Ginty DD, Kolodkin AL, Tsai LH Nat. Neurosci. 2012 Jun 15 7 1022-31