Geoffrey Lowe, M.D., is a graduate of Texas Tech University and the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine. He completed his internship and residency in Pediatrics at the University of Oklahoma (OU) Health Science Center and OU Children's Hospital, and fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center (UTSW) and Children's Health, Dallas. Dr. Lowe’s clinical and research interests are in pediatric pre-hospital care, EMS, and disaster preparedness. He is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern and practices in the Emergency Department at Children’s Health, Dallas. Dr. Lowe serves as a consultant on pediatric pre-hospital issues for the UTSW/Parkland BioTel EMS system in Dallas. He is also a physician liaison for the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Division in Orthopedics and Disaster Preparedness. Dr. Lowe is the Dallas site principal investigator for Pediatric Dose Optimization for Seizures in Medical Services (PediDOSE) , a multicentered Pediatric Emergency Care Applied Research Network (PECARN) trial. In July 2022, he was appointed the Assistant Program Director of the UT Southwestern Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship Program.
- Medical School
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (2013)
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (2016), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2019), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Disaster Preparedness & Response
- Pediatric Pre-hospital Care
- Impact of Race and Ethnicity on Emergency Medical Services Administration of Opioid Pain Medications for Injured Children.
- Nishijima DK, Tancredi DJ, Adelgais KM, Chadha K, Chang TP, Harris MI, Leonard JC, Lerner EB, Linakis SW, Lowe GS, Magill CF, Schwartz HP, Shah MI, Browne LR, J Emerg Med 2023 Jan 64 1 55-61
- Impact of Prehospital Pain Management on Emergency Department Management of Injured Children.
- Harris MI, Adelgais KM, Linakis SW, Magill CF, Brazauskas R, Shah MI, Nishijima DK, Lowe GS, Chadha K, Chang TP, Lerner EB, Leonard JC, Schwartz HP, Gaither JB, Studnek JR, Browne LR, Prehosp Emerg Care 2021 Nov 1-12
- Delayed Diagnosis of Injury in Pediatric Trauma Patients at a Level I Trauma Center.
- Lowe G, Tweed J, Cooper M, Qureshi F, Huang C, J Emerg Med 2021 May 60 5 583-590
- COVID-19 in Kids – It’s Not a Small Problem
- Miller RG, Lowe G, Pandya L, Miller B, Morshedi B JEMS 2020
- What Is Causing an Infant?s Facial Swelling?
- Lowe G, Ochoa C, Patel A, Nesiama J-A Consultant 2019 Dec 59 12 365-366,370
- What is causing an infant’s facial swelling?
- Lowe G, Ochoa C, Patel A, Nesiama J-A Consultant 2019 59 12 365-366,370
Esophagitis. In Fleisher and Ludwig?s 5 Minute Pediatric Emergency Medicine Consult, 2nd Edition
Lowe G, Yen K (2019). Wolters Kluwer, P278-279
Honors & Awards
- PAS Travel Award for Young Investigators
- Seay Research Award
UT Southwestern internal Grant (2019)
- A.E. Osburn, D.O. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Award
University of Oklahoma Health Science Center (2016)
- ER Resident of the Year
OU Children's Hospital Emergency Department (2016)
- PL-2 Resident of the Year Peer Recognition Award
University of Oklahoma Health Science Center (2015)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow (2016)
- American Medical Association, Member (2009)
- Emergency Medical Services for Children (EMSC), Texas State Partnership (2020)
- National Association of EMS Physicians (2018)
- Texas Medical Association, Member (2009)
- Texas Pediatric Society, Co-Chair Emergency Preparedness Committee (2021)
- Texas Pediatric Society, Member (2016)