Alison Palumbo, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Vascular & Interventional Radiology Division. She provides clinical services at Zale Lipshy University Hospital, William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital, and Parkland Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Palumbo holds a bachelor's degree in chemistry from the University of Chicago. She earned her medical degree at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago, where she remained to perform her residency in radiology, eventually becoming Chief Resident. She then received advanced training in vascular and interventional radiology at Loyola University in Chicago.
Prior to joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2016, she served as an Assistant Professor of Radiology at the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
Dr. Palumbo's research interests, which include non-inflammatory systemic vasculopathies, transthoracic lung biopsy, complex regional pain syndrome, and pulmonary vein stenosis, have led her to co-author original research and present her findings at professional conferences.
Her dedication to radiology training is demonstrated by her involvement as a Resident Ambassador, Faculty Advisor, and Medical Student Clerkship Director.
Dr. Palumbo is active in several professional societies, including the Radiological Society of North America, the American College of Radiology, the American Board of Radiology, and the Society of Interventional Radiology.
Dr. Palumbo enjoys traveling and music.
- Medical School
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago (2009)
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital (2010), Transitional Year
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago (2014), Diagnostic Radiology
- Loyola University Medical Center (2015), Vascular & Interventional Radiology
Honors & Awards
- Chief Radiology Resident
University of Illinois College of Medicine (2012)
- Outstanding Performance in Surgery
University of Illinois College of Medicine (2009)
- Thomas C. Reeves Memorial Award
University of Illinois College of Medicine (2008)
- American Board of Radiology
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Interventional Radiology