Surendra Barshikar, MD is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in management and Rehabiliation of patients with Concussion, Traumatic Brain Injury, Stroke and other Neuro-Rehabiliation issues.
He is double board certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabiliation and Brain Injury Medicine.
He is the Co-Director of the Concussion program and the Medical Director of the PMR Aston clinic and the PMR Parkland clinics.
Dr. Barshikar is a member of multiple professional organizations, including the Association of Academic Physiatrists, the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and the International Sciety of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Medical School
- Dr Vaishampayan Memorial Medical College (2005)
- Wayne State University (2009), General Surgery
- New York Medical College Metropolitan Hospital Center (2012), Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Sleep Disturbance After TBI.
- Barshikar S, Bell KR Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 2017 Sep 17 11 87
- REHABILITATION OF A PATIENT WITH SPINAL MUSCULAR ATROPHY
- Constance Li, BS, and Surendra Barshikar, MD AJPMR 2017 Volume 96 Issue 3 - p 84
- Impact of evaluating antibiotic concentrations in abdominal abscesses percutaneously drained.
- Zimmerman LH, Tyburski JG, Glowniak J, Singla R, Lavery T, Nailor M, Stassinopoulus J, Hong K, Barshikar S, Dolman HS, Baylor AE, Wilson RF Am. J. Surg. 2011 Mar 201 3 348-52; discussion 352
Honors & Awards
- Teaching Faculty of the Year 2017- PMR UTSW
- Award for Academic Excellence
- Chief Resident
- Texas Medical Association (2016)
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabiliation (2012)
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (2012)
- Association of Academic Physiatrists (AAP) (2009)