Christopher Parrish, M.D. graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2002 and from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in 2007. After completing a combined residency in Pediatrics and Internal Medicine in 2011 at the University of Southern California, he remained at that institution for a year as Chief Resident in Internal Medicine and for a year as Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine. His Allergy and Immunology fellowship was also completed at USC, in 2015. Dr. Parrish joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2016, and is currently an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Internal Medicine. His research interests involve non-IgE-mediated food allergies such as food-protein induced enterocolitis syndrome (FPIES), and eosinophilic esophagitis (EoE).
- Medical School
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (2007)
- University of Southern California Medical Center (2011), Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
- Chief Resident
- University of Southern California Medical Center (2012), Internal Medicine
- University of Southern California Medical Center (2015), Allergy & Immunology
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Food allergies
- Non-IgE-mediated food allergy
- Management of peanut allergy: a focus on novel immunotherapies.
- Parrish CP Am J Manag Care 2018 Oct 24 19 Suppl S419-S427
- Baked Egg Oral Immunotherapy Desensitizes Baked Egg Allergic Children to Lightly Cooked Egg.
- Bird JA, Clark A, Dougherty I, Brown LS, Arneson A, Crain M, Parrish C J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 2018 Jul
- Food-Induced Anaphylaxis: an Update.
- Parrish CP, Kim H Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 2018 Jun 18 8 41
- Interventional Therapies for the Treatment of Food Allergy.
- Parrish CP, Kim EH, Bird JA Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 2018 Feb 38 1 77-88
- Current Status of Potential Therapies for IgE-Mediated Food Allergy.
- Parrish CP, Har D, Andrew Bird J Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 2018 Feb 18 3 18
- Immunoglobulin G4-related disease presenting as an ethmoid and maxillary mass.
- Hu EK, Parrish C, Wrobel B, Deshpande V, Stone JH Ann. Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2013 Jul 111 1 75-7
- Visual diagnosis: vaginal mass in a 16-month-old child.
- Ku E, Brotherton BJ, Parrish C, Zia SK, McKenna S Pediatr Rev 2010 Aug 31 8 337-40
Honors & Awards
- Texas Rising Star
Texas Monthly (2018)
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology