Christopher Parrish, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Departments of Pediatrics and Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the departments' joint Division of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology. A specialist in pediatric food allergies and eosinophilic gastrointestinal diseases, he serves as Clinical Co-Director of the Dallas Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Diseases and Esophagitis Program at Children’s Medical Center.
Dr. Parrish earned his medical degree at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. He completed a residency in internal medicine and pediatrics at LAC+USC Medical Center in Los Angeles, where he also served an additional year as Chief Resident and then completed advanced training through a fellowship in allergy and immunology.
Certified by the American Boards of Allergy and Immunology, Internal Medicine, and Pediatrics, Dr. Parrish joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2016.
Dr. Parrish’s clinical and research interests focus on expanding the understanding of and treatment options for IgE- and non-IgE-mediated food allergy, food protein-induced enterocolitis syndrome, eosinophilic esophagitis, and other eosinophilic gastrointestinal diseases. He serves on the editorial board of Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology and as an ad hoc reviewer for Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice, Annals of Internal Medicine, BMJ Paediatrics Open, International Archives of Allergy and Immunology, and Journal of the American Medical Association.
- Medical School
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (2007)
- University of Southern California Medical Center (2011), Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
- Chief Resident
- University of Southern California Medical Center (2012), Internal Medicine
- University of Southern California Medical Center (2015), Allergy & Immunology
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Food allergies
- Non-IgE-mediated food allergy
- A Case Series on the Use of Dupilumab for Treatment of Refractory Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disorders.
- Patel N, Goyal A, Thaker A, Troendle D, Parrish C, J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2022 Jun
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Admissions for Anaphylaxis at Children's Medical Center in Dallas.
- Boyd K, Parrish C, Bird JA. Allergy 2021 2 147 AB16
- Reply to "Oral food challenge protocol for food protein-induced enterocolitis syndrome: time for a change?"
- Bird JA, Crain M, Guenther MW, Parrish CP, J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 2020 Sep 8 8 2844
- Food Allergy Immunotherapy with Adjuvants.
- Nicolaides RE, Parrish CP, Bird JA, Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 2020 02 40 1 149-173
- Conducting an Oral Food Challenge: An Update to the 2009 Adverse Reactions to Foods Committee Work Group Report.
- Bird JA, Leonard S, Groetch M, Assa'ad A, Cianferoni A, Clark A, Crain M, Fausnight T, Fleischer D, Green T, Greenhawt M, Herbert L, Lanser BJ, Mikhail I, Mustafa S, Noone S, Parrish C, Varshney P, Vlieg-Boerstra B, Young MC, Sicherer S, Nowak-Wegrzyn A, J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 2020 Jan 8 1 75-90.e17
- Prevention of food allergy: Beyond peanut.
- Bird JA, Parrish C, Patel K, Shih JA, Vickery BP J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 2019 Feb 143 2 545-547
- Prevention of Food Allergy: Beyond Peanut
- Bird, JA, Parrish C, Patel K, Shih JA, Vickery BP The Journal of Allergy and Immunology 2019 143 2 545-547
- Management of peanut allergy: a focus on novel immunotherapies.
- Parrish CP Am J Manag Care 2018 Oct 24 19 Suppl S419-S427
- Baked Egg Oral Immunotherapy Desensitizes Baked Egg Allergic Children to Lightly Cooked Egg.
- Bird JA, Clark A, Dougherty I, Brown LS, Arneson A, Crain M, Parrish C J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 2018 Jul
- Food-Induced Anaphylaxis: an Update.
- Parrish CP, Kim H Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 2018 Jun 18 8 41
Cows milk allergy. In Reference Module in Food Science
Parrish C, Gupta M, Patel G, Bird JA (2022). Elsevier
Honors & Awards
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor of Dallas
Modern Luxury Media (2023)
- Texas Super Doctor
Texas Monthly (2021-2022)
- Texas Super Doctor - Rising Stars
Texas Monthly (2018-2020)
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Society
- Texas Medical Association