Xiaochen Bai, Ph.D.
Endowed Title Virginia Murchison Linthicum Scholar in Medical Research
Department Biophysics | Cell Biology
Graduate Programs Molecular Biophysics
- Tsinghua University (2004), Mechanical Engineering
- Graduate School
- Tsinghua University (2011), Biophysics
- Membrane proteins that are critical for cellular signaling
- Receptor tyrosine kinase
- Single particle Cryo-EM
- Structural biology
- Synergistic activation of the insulin receptor via two distinct sites.
- Li J, Park J, Mayer JP, Webb KJ, Uchikawa E, Wu J, Liu S, Zhang X, Stowell MHB, Choi E, Bai XC, Nat Struct Mol Biol 2022 Apr 29 4 357-368
- Activation of STING by targeting a pocket in the transmembrane domain.
- Lu D, Shang G, Li J, Lu Y, Bai XC, Zhang X, Nature 2022 04 604 7906 557-562
- Structural basis of the activation of c-MET receptor.
- Uchikawa E, Chen Z, Xiao GY, Zhang X, Bai XC, Nat Commun 2021 07 12 1 4074
- Scap structures highlight key role for rotation of intertwined luminal loops in cholesterol sensing.
- Kober DL, Radhakrishnan A, Goldstein JL, Brown MS, Clark LD, Bai XC, Rosenbaum DM, Cell 2021 Jun
- Cryo-EM structure of the Hippo signaling integrator human STRIPAK.
- Jeong BC, Bae SJ, Ni L, Zhang X, Bai XC, Luo X, Nat Struct Mol Biol 2021 03 28 3 290-299
- Cryo-EM structures of human ZnT8 in both outward- and inward-facing conformations.
- Xue J, Xie T, Zeng W, Jiang Y, Bai XC, Elife 2020 Jul 9
- Cryo-EM structure of the human cohesin-NIPBL-DNA complex.
- Shi Z, Gao H, Bai XC, Yu H, Science 2020 06 368 6498 1454-1459
- Structural basis of the activation of type 1 insulin-like growth factor receptor.
- Li J, Choi E, Yu H, Bai XC, Nat Commun 2019 Oct 10 1 4567
- Cryo-EM analyses reveal the common mechanism and diversification in the activation of RET by different ligands.
- Li J, Shang G, Chen YJ, Brautigam CA, Liou J, Zhang X, Bai XC, Elife 2019 Sep 8
- Activation mechanism of the insulin receptor revealed by cryo-EM structure of the fully liganded receptor-ligand complex.
- Uchikawa E, Choi E, Shang G, Yu H, Bai XC, Elife 2019 Aug 8
3D classification of structurally heterogeneous particles. In Single-particle Cryo-EM of Biological Macromolecules
(2021). IOP Publishing
Honors & Awards
- CPRIT scholar
- Virginia Murchison Linthicum Scholar in Medical Research, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Department of Biophysics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2017)
- Department of Cell Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2017)