Dr. Cheedella is originally from India and received her training at Osmania Medical College. During her residency in the US, she was particularly drawn by Hematology and Oncology as it provided her an opportunity to integrate basic scientific knowledge with clinical care. While she enjoyed the intellectually stimulating process during her fellowship at Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center and her experience at MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, she found greater fulfillment in being an ardent patient advocate. Dr. Cheedella believes in comprehensive cancer care. She brings a strong background in general medical oncology and medical education. She currently specializes in gastrointestinal, genitourinary and lung malignancies. She enjoys cooking, traveling and spending time with her husband and extended family.
- Medical School
- Osmania Medical College (2004)
- Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center (2011), Internal Medicine
- Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center (2015), Hematology Oncology
- Gastrointestinal Malignancies
- Genitourinary Malignancies
- Lung Malignancies
- Association between clinical complete response and pathological complete response after preoperative chemoradiation in patients with gastroesophageal cancer: analysis in a large cohort.
- Cheedella NK, Suzuki A, Xiao L, Hofstetter WL, Maru DM, Taketa T, Sudo K, Blum MA, Lin SH, Welch J, Lee JH, Bhutani MS, Rice DC, Vaporciyan AA, Swisher SG, Ajani JA Ann. Oncol. 2013 May 24 5 1262-6
- Esophageal gastrointestinal stromal tumors presenting as mediastinal mass.
- Kafeel M, Cheedella NK, Wang JC Case Rep Oncol 2013 6 3 579-84
Honors & Awards
- CH Foundation Scholarship
Department of Medical Microbiology, Texas Tech University Health Science Center (2008)
- Dr. S. Shakuntala Obul Reddy Prize for Academic Excellence
Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India (2000)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (2013)
- American Society of Hematology (2013)
- Osmania Medical Studenets for Service and Development (2003)