Dr. Jennifer Fuchs is originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and is a graduate of the University of Richmond in Virginia and Wake Forest School of Medicine. She completed her internship and residency in Pediatrics at Virginia Commonwealth University Children's Hospital of Richmond. Following completion of residency, she went on to fellowship in Pediatric Hospital Medicine at Texas Children's Hospital Baylor School of Medicine in Houston, Texas.
Her interests include quality improvement and the electronic medical record, as well as clinical operations and the progress of the PHM fellowship. She is presently a pediatric hospitalist in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center and Children's Medical Center Dallas.
- Medical School
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine (2011)
- Virginia Commonwealth University (2014), Pediatrics
- Baylor College of Medicine (2016), Pediatric Hospitalist Medicine
- Family centered rounds
- Pediatric hospital medicine fellowship
- Quality improvement, especially technologically based improvements
- Current Issues in Intravenous Fluid Use in Hospitalized Children.
- Fuchs J, Adams ST, Byerley J Rev Recent Clin Trials 2017 Aug
- A Quality Improvement Initiative: Improving the Frequency of Inpatient Electronic Prescribing.
- Fuchs J, Lo HY, Peterman A, Camp E, Chase L Pediatrics 2016 Nov 138 5
- Case 1: Growth Failure and Abnormal Radiographs in a 3-year-old Girl.
- Ramakrishnan R, Fuchs J, Singhal G Pediatr Rev 2016 Aug 37 8 348-50
- Case 1: Recalcitrant tachypnea in a 2-month-old boy.
- Fuchs J, Pathak S, Lee C, Schmidt HJ Pediatr Rev 2015 Feb 36 2 74-5
- Cardiac myxoma causing acute ischemic stroke in a pediatric patient and a review of literature.
- Fuchs J, Leszczyszyn D, Mathew D Pediatr. Neurol. 2014 May 50 5 525-9
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. In Gershel JC, Rauch DA, eds. Caring for the Hospitalized Child: A Handbook of Inpatient Pediatrics. 2nd ed.
Rocha M, Fuchs J. (2017). American Academy of Pediatrics; 775-784.
Honors & Awards
- Physician of the Month
Texas Children's Hospital (2015)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2014)
- American Medical Association (2007-2014)