Hina Dave, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Neurology and Neurotherapeutics at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in diagnosing and treating patients with intractable epilepsy and new-onset seizures and has particular expertise in treating women with epilepsy who are pregnant or trying to become pregnant.
Dr. Dave earned her medical degree at Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans. She completed an internship in internal medicine at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and a residency in neurology at Thomas Jefferson University Medical Center. She then received advanced training in neurophysiology and epilepsy through fellowships at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, respectively.
- Medical School
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans (2008)
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (2009), Internal Medicine
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (2012), Neurology
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (2013), Neurophysiology
- Baylor College of Medicine (2016), Epilepsy
- Clinical Drug Trials
- Status Epilepticus
- Surgical Epilepsy
- Comparison of psychiatric comorbidities and impact on quality of life in patients with epilepsy or psychogenic nonepileptic spells.
- Abe C, Denney D, Doyle A, Cullum M, Adams J, Perven G, Dave H, Dieppa M, Hays R, Agostini M, Ding K, Epilepsy Behav 2019 Nov 102 106649
- Provocative induction of psychogenic nonepileptic seizures: Noninferiority of an induction technique without versus with placebo.
- Chen DK, Dave H, Gadelmola K, Jeroudi M, Fadipe M Epilepsia 2018 Oct
- Propofol-ketamine combination therapy for effective control of super-refractory status epilepticus.
- Sabharwal V, Ramsay E, Martinez R, Shumate R, Khan F, Dave H, Iwuchukwu I, McGrade H Epilepsy Behav 2015 Nov 52 Pt A 264-6
- Pyridoxine deficiency in adult patients with status epilepticus.
- Dave HN, Eugene Ramsay R, Khan F, Sabharwal V, Irland M Epilepsy Behav 2015 Nov 52 Pt A 154-8
- Safety & pK of IV loading dose of lacosamide in the ICU.
- Ramsay RE, Sabharwal V, Khan F, Dave H, Kafai C, Shumate R, Irland M Epilepsy Behav 2015 Aug 49 340-2
"Women's health and epilepsy". In Review Manual for the Epilepsy Board
Dave, H.N. (2014). Kindle version
Honors & Awards
- UTSW LEAD program
One year leadership program for emerging leaders (2018)
- J. Kiffin Penry Epilepsy Education Award Sponsorship for the American Epilepsy Society Annual Meeting, San Diego
- Hospital for Special Surgery-Neuromuscular Resident case presentation competition, First Place, Cornell University, New York City
- Dallas County Medical Association (2018)
- Texas Medical Association (2018)
- LSU Medical School Alumni Association, New Orleans (2014)
- American Clinical Neurophysiology Society (2012)
- American Epilepsy Society (2012)
- American Academy of Neurology (2009)