Hina Dave, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Neurology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in diagnosing and treating patients with intractable epilepsy and new-onset seizures and has particular expertise in treating women with epilepsy who are pregnant or trying to become pregnant.
Dr. Dave earned her medical degree at Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans. She completed an internship in internal medicine at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and a residency in neurology at Thomas Jefferson University Medical Center. She then received advanced training in neurophysiology and epilepsy through fellowships at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, respectively.
- Medical School
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans (2008)
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (2009), Internal Medicine
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (2012), Neurology
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (2013), Neurophysiology
- Baylor College of Medicine (2016), Epilepsy
- Clinical Drug Trials
- Status Epilepticus
- Surgical Epilepsy
- Emergency department visits and readmissions in patients with psychogenic nonepileptic seizures (PNES) at a safety net hospital.
- Ramamurthy S, Steven Brown L, Agostini M, Alick Lindstorm S, Dave H, Dieppa M, Ding K, Doyle A, Hays R, Harvey J, Perven G, Podkorytova I, Zepeda R, Das RR, Epilepsy Behav 2021 Aug 122 108225
- Beyond the Wada: An updated approach to pre-surgical language and memory testing: An updated review of available evaluation techniques and recommended workflow to limit Wada test use to essential clinical cases.
- Qadri S, Dave H, Das R, Alick-Lindstrom S, Epilepsy Res 2021 Aug 174 106673
- Emergent Admissions to the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit in the Setting of COVID-19 Pandemic-related, State-mandated Restrictions: Clinical Decision Making and Outcomes.
- Zepeda R, Lee Y, Agostini M, Alick Lindstrom S, Dave H, Dieppa M, Ding K, Doyle A, Harvey J, Hays R, Perven G, Podkorytova I, Das RR, Neurodiagn J 2021 Jun 61 2 95-103
- Personalized EEG Feature Selection for Low-Complexity Seizure Monitoring.
- Peng G, Nourani M, Harvey J, Dave H, Int J Neural Syst 2021 Mar 2150018
- Non-lesional mesial temporal lobe epilepsy requires bilateral invasive evaluation.
- Perven G, Podkorytova I, Ding K, Agostini M, Alick S, Das R, Dave H, Dieppa M, Doyle A, Harvey J, Lega B, Zepeda R, Hays R, Epilepsy Behav Rep 2021 15 100441
- Feature Selection Using F-statistic Values for EEG Signal Analysis.
- Peng G, Nourani M, Harvey J, Dave H, Annu Int Conf IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2020 07 2020 5963-5966
- Personalized Feature Selection for Wearable EEG Monitoring Platform
- Peng G., Nourani M., Harvey J., Dave H Conference Proceedings - IEEE 20th International Conference of Bioinformatics and Bioengineering, BIBE 2020 2020 26 October 2020 through 28 October 2020 pages 380 - 386
- Comparison of psychiatric comorbidities and impact on quality of life in patients with epilepsy or psychogenic nonepileptic spells.
- Abe C, Denney D, Doyle A, Cullum M, Adams J, Perven G, Dave H, Dieppa M, Hays R, Agostini M, Ding K, Epilepsy Behav 2019 Nov 102 106649
- Provocative induction of psychogenic nonepileptic seizures: Noninferiority of an induction technique without versus with placebo.
- Chen DK, Dave H, Gadelmola K, Jeroudi M, Fadipe M Epilepsia 2018 Oct
- Propofol-ketamine combination therapy for effective control of super-refractory status epilepticus.
- Sabharwal V, Ramsay E, Martinez R, Shumate R, Khan F, Dave H, Iwuchukwu I, McGrade H Epilepsy Behav 2015 Nov 52 Pt A 264-6
"Women's health and epilepsy". In Review Manual for the Epilepsy Board
Dave, H.N. (2014). Kindle version
Honors & Awards
- UTSW LEAD program
One year leadership program for emerging leaders (2018)
- J. Kiffin Penry Epilepsy Education Award Sponsorship for the American Epilepsy Society Annual Meeting, San Diego
- Hospital for Special Surgery-Neuromuscular Resident case presentation competition, First Place, Cornell University, New York City
- Dallas County Medical Association (2018)
- Texas Medical Association (2018)
- LSU Medical School Alumni Association, New Orleans (2014)
- American Clinical Neurophysiology Society (2012)
- American Epilepsy Society (2012)
- American Academy of Neurology (2009)