Shashidhar R. Marneni, M.D., F.A.A.P., is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Emergency Medicine. Dr. Marneni graduated from Kakatiya Medical College, India, in 1996 and worked for some time in India and Trinidad before moving to the United States in 2006. He completed his pediatric residency at Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, NY (2006-2009) and later went on to pursue fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine (2009-2012) at SUNY Downstate Medical Center. After his fellowship, Dr. Marneni continued as a faculty member at Kings County Hospital Center & SUNY Downstate Medical Center, NY, prior to joining UT Southwestern Medical Center in August 2016. He is currently an Assistant Professor in the Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine at the UTSW Children's Medical Center in Dallas.
- Medical School
- Kakatiya Medical College, India (1996)
- Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center (2009), Pediatrics
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center/Kings County Hospital Center (2012), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Sickle cell diseases
- Predictors of Airspace Disease on Chest X-Ray in Emergency Department Patients With Clinical Bronchiolitis: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Chao JH, Lin RC, Marneni S, Pandya S, Alhajri S, Sinert R Acad Emerg Med 2016 Jul
- Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt Complications In Children: An Evidence-Based Approach To Emergency Department Management.
- Bober J, Rochlin J, Marneni S Pediatr Emerg Med Pract 2016 Feb 13 2 1-22; quiz 22-3
- Hepatitis B awareness and knowledge in hepatitis B surface antigen-positive parturient immigrant women from West Africa in the Bronx, New York.
- Shah SA, Chen K, Marneni S, Benchekroune G, Ariganjoye R, Purswani M, Adeniyi AO, Bainbridge R, Timoney MT, Hagmann S J Immigr Minor Health 2015 Feb 17 1 302-5
Honors & Awards
- Best House Staff in Nursing Physician Collaboration
Department of Pediatrics, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center (2009)
- Best Resident of the Year
Department of Pediatrics, Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center (2007, 2009)
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Committee, KCHC (2011)
- Medical Society of the State of New York (2011)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2006)
- Medical Professionals Association of Trinidad and Tobago (2001)