Dr. Terauchi grew up in Arkansas, where she attended the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. She completed her medical training, in Internal Medicine, at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, TX, before further pursuing her second board certification in Palliative Medicine and becoming a faculty member of the palliative care program.
Dr. Terauchi has worked to promote palliative care and it’s expansion into additional hospital settings, including: the emergency department, oncology, intensive care and ambulatory care units. Dr. Terauchi brings the UT Southwestern system a strong background of developing a multi-disciplinary approach of integrating palliative medicine in order to address the individual and familial needs of her patients. She and her team strive to improve the quality of life and transitions of care for the seriously ill.
Outside of work, Dr. Terauchi enjoys travel, the symphony, playing the piano and time with friends and family.
- Medical School
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine (2005)
- Baylor University Medical Center (2006)
- Baylor University Medical Center (2008)
- Early palliative care impact quality of life and survival
- Evaluating and developing new models of healthcare delivery for seriously ill patients and their families
- Measuring and improving quality of life through aggressive symptom management and supportive care
- Measuring effectiveness of communication processes and protocols to establish goals of care
- Early Palliative Care Is Associated With Reduced Emergency Department Utilization in Pancreatic Cancer.
- Bevins J, Bhulani N, Goksu SY, Sanford NN, Gao A, Ahn C, Paulk ME, Terauchi S, Pruitt SL, Tavakkoli A, Rhodes RL, Kazmi SMA, Beg MS, Am J Clin Oncol 2021 Mar
- Telehealth and Palliative Care for Patients With Cancer: Implications of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Grewal US, Terauchi S, Beg MS, JMIR Cancer 2020 Nov 6 2 e20288
- End-of-Life Care in Cystic Fibrosis: Comparing Provider Practices Based on Lung Transplant Candidacy.
- Lange AV, Rueschhoff A, Terauchi S, Cohen L, Reisch J, Jain R, Finklea JD, J Palliat Med 2020 May
- Association of electronic medical record (EMR) QTc alerts with higher mortality within 10 days for patients with blood, lung, GI, and soft tissue cancer.
- Bleiberg, BA, Yan J, Xie D, Lightfoot T, Zhu H, Reisch J, Terauchi S, Gerber DE, & Khan SA Journal of Clinical Oncology 2020
- UT Southwestern's Palliative Care Program: Measurable Patient Impact and Cost-savings.
- Bird A, Leach S, Houck S, Robinson K, Lawson T, J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother 2018 Dec 32 4 212-215
- Palliative care and end-of-life health care utilization in elderly patients with pancreatic cancer.
- Bhulani N, Gupta A, Gao A, Li J, Guenther C, Ahn C, Paulk E, Houck S, Beg MS J Gastrointest Oncol 2018 Jun 9 3 495-502
- Does timing of palliative care consults impact end-of-life health services utilization in pancreatic cancer patients?
- Nizar Bhulani, Ang Gao, Arjun Gupta, Chul Ahn, M. Elizabeth Paulk, Stephanie Houck, Jenny Jing Li, Chad Michael Guenther, Syed Mohammad Ali Kazmi, and Muhammad Shaalan Beg Journal of Clinical Oncology 2018
- Double-balloon endoscopy and Peutz-Jeghers syndrome: a new look at an old disease.
- Terauchi S, Snowberger N, Demarco D, Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent) 2006 Oct 19 4 335-7
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Care Medicine (2008)