Dr. Ariyamuthu is originally from India and received his medical school training at the Madurai Medical College, India. He completed his Internal Medicine Residency at Madras Medical College and then completed an Internal Medicine Residency and General Nephrology Fellowship at the University of Missouri Hospitals in Columbia, MO. He went on specialize in Transplant Nephrology at Northwestern Memorial Hospital Chicago, IL. Dr. Ariyamuthu has special interest in chronic kidney disease and bone mineral diseases in transplant recipients. He likes to spend time with his family.
- Medical School
- Madurai Medical College (2003)
- University of Madras Medical College (2007), Internal Medicine
- University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia (2011), Internal Medicine
- University of Missouri Health Sciences Center (2013), Nephrology
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University (2014), Transplant Nephrology
- Antibody Mediated Rejection
- Bone Mineral Disorders in Renal Transplant Recipients
- Living Donor Kidney Transplantation
- Cellular and molecular immune profiles in renal transplant recipients after conversion from tacrolimus to sirolimus.
- Gallon L, Traitanon O, Sustento-Reodica N, Leventhal J, Ansari MJ, Gehrau RC, Ariyamuthu V, De Serres SA, Alvarado A, Chhabra D, Mathew JM, Najafian N, Mas V Kidney Int. 2015 Apr 87 4 828-38
- Periodontal disease in chronic kidney disease and end-stage renal disease patients: a review.
- Ariyamuthu VK, Nolph KD, Ringdahl BE Cardiorenal Med 2013 Apr 3 1 71-8
- Decompensated high-output congestive heart failure in a patient with AVF and the role of right heart catheterization: a case study.
- Malhotra K, Dhawan V, Dalal P, Ariyamuthu V, Bichu P, Botdorf J, Khanna R Hemodial Int 2012 Oct 16 Suppl 1 S58-61
- Isolated pleural effusion as a presentation of high cardiac output heart failure in a hemodialysis patient.
- Dhawan V, Ariyamuthu V, Malhotra K, Dalal P, Bichu P, Dorairajan S Hemodial Int 2012 Oct 16 Suppl 1 S54-7
- Bath salt intoxication causing acute kidney injury requiring hemodialysis.
- Regunath H, Ariyamuthu VK, Dalal P, Misra M Hemodial Int 2012 Oct 16 Suppl 1 S47-9
- Ischemic heart disease in patients undergoing dialysis.
- Ariyamuthu VK, Balla S, Chaudhary K Hosp Pract (1995) 2012 Oct 40 4 33-9
- Post-transplant Lymphoproliferative Disorder--a case of late-onset T-cell lymphoma after failed renal transplant.
- Dalal P, Bichu P, Dhawan V, Ariyamuthu V, Malhotra K, Misra M, Khanna R Adv Perit Dial 2012 28 94-6
- Images in clinical medicine. Chvostek's sign and carpopedal spasm.
- Athappan G, Ariyamuthu VK N. Engl. J. Med. 2009 Apr 360 18 e24
- Bilateral renal halo sign in acute pancreatitis.
- Athappan G, Ariyamuthu VK, Rajamani VK Med. J. Aust. 2008 Aug 189 4 228
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Resident
University of Missouri (2011)
- Outstanding Intern
University of Missouri (2009)
- American Society of Hypertension (2015)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (2011)
- American Society of Transplantation (2011)
- American Society of Nephrology (2009)