Completed his Neurotology Surgery Fellowship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center with The Otology Group, with clinical and research interests including acoustic neuroma surgery, chronic ear disease, cochlear implant surgery, endoscopic ear surgery, neurotology, otology, and skull base surgery.
- Medical School
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2009)
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2010), Otorhinolaryngology
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2014), Otorhinolaryngology
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (2016), Otology/neurotology/skull Base Surgery
- acoustic neuroma
- chronic ear surgery
- cochlear implants
- congenital hearing loss
- endoscopic ear surgery
- lateral skull base surgery
- pediatric chronic ear surgery
- sensorineural hearing loss
- superior semicircular canal dehiscence
- vestibular schwannoma
- Hearing Preservation Outcomes With a Mid-Scala Electrode in Cochlear Implantation.
- Hunter JB, Gifford RH, Wanna GB, Labadie RF, Bennett ML, Haynes DS, Rivas A Otol. Neurotol. 2016 Mar 37 3 235-40
- Surgical and Audiologic Outcomes in Endoscopic Stapes Surgery across 4 Institutions.
- Hunter JB, Zuniga MG, Leite J, Killeen D, Wick C, Ramirez J, Rivas JA, Nogueira JF, Isaacson B, Rivas A Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2016 Mar
- Petroclival meningiomas.
- Hunter JB, Weaver KD, Thompson RC, Wanna GB Otolaryngol. Clin. North Am. 2015 Jun 48 3 477-90
- Cochlear implantation: a biomechanical prosthesis for hearing loss.
- Yawn R, Hunter JB, Sweeney AD, Bennett ML F1000Prime Rep 2015 7 45
- Low-grade papillary adenocarcinoma of the palate: the significance of distinguishing it from polymorphous low-grade adenocarcinoma.
- Hunter JB, Smith RV, Brandwein-Gensler M Head Neck Pathol 2008 Dec 2 4 316-23
- Epithelial membrane protein-1 is a biomarker of gefitinib resistance.
- Jain A, Tindell CA, Laux I, Hunter JB, Curran J, Galkin A, Afar DE, Aronson N, Shak S, Natale RB, Agus DB Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2005 Aug 102 33 11858-63
- Derepression by depolymerization; structural insights into the regulation of Yan by Mae.
- Qiao F, Song H, Kim CA, Sawaya MR, Hunter JB, Gingery M, Rebay I, Courey AJ, Bowie JU Cell 2004 Jul 118 2 163-73
Honors & Awards
- American Neurotology Society Trainee Award
- Otolaryngology Case Reports Associate Editor
- American Cochlear Implant Alliance (2017)
- American Neurotology Society (2017)
- North American Skull Base Society (2017)