Completed his Neurotology Surgery Fellowship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center with The Otology Group, with clinical and research interests including acoustic neuroma surgery, chronic ear disease, cochlear implant surgery, endoscopic ear surgery, neurotology, otology, and skull base surgery.
- Medical School
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2009)
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2010), Otorhinolaryngology
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2014), Otorhinolaryngology
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center (2016), Otology/neurotology/skull Base Surgery
- acoustic neuroma
- chronic ear surgery
- cochlear implants
- congenital hearing loss
- endoscopic ear surgery
- lateral skull base surgery
- pediatric chronic ear surgery
- sensorineural hearing loss
- superior semicircular canal dehiscence
- vestibular schwannoma
- Outcomes of the Suture "Pull-through" Technique for Repair of Lateral Skull Base CSF Fistula and Encephaloceles.
- O'Connell BP, Hunter JB, Sweeney AD, Thompson RC, Chambless LB, Wanna GB, Rivas A Otol. Neurotol. 2017 Jan
- The importance of electrode location in cochlear implantation.
- O'Connell BP, Hunter JB, Wanna GB Laryngoscope Investig Otolaryngol 2016 Dec 1 6 169-174
- Steerable Robot-assisted Micromanipulation in the Middle Ear: Preliminary Feasibility Evaluation.
- Yasin R, O'Connell BP, Yu H, Hunter JB, Wanna GB, Rivas A, Simaan N Otol. Neurotol. 2016 Nov
- Myopericytoma of the Internal Auditory Canal.
- Hunter JB, O'Connell BP, Chow WN, Weaver KD, Cates JM, Wanna GB Otol. Neurotol. 2016 Nov
- Current concepts in the management of idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss.
- O'Connell BP, Hunter JB, Haynes DS Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2016 Oct 24 5 413-9
- Endoscopic techniques in tympanoplasty and stapes surgery.
- Hunter JB, O'Connell BP, Rivas A Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2016 Oct 24 5 388-94
- Cost Analysis of Cerebrospinal Fluid Leaks and Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak Prevention in Patients Undergoing Cerebellopontine Angle Surgery.
- Chern A, Hunter JB, Bennett ML Otol. Neurotol. 2016 Oct
- Risk of progressive hearing loss in untreated superior semicircular canal dehiscence.
- Patel NS, Hunter JB, O'Connell BP, Bertrand NM, Wanna GB, Carlson ML Laryngoscope 2016 Oct
- An Easy and Reliable Method to Locate the Dehiscence During Middle Fossa Superior Canal Dehiscence Surgery: It is a (C)inch.
- Patel NS, Hunter JB, O'Connell BP, Wanna GB, Carlson ML Otol. Neurotol. 2016 Sep 37 8 1092-5
- Bilateral Petrous Apex Cephaloceles and Skull Base Attenuation in Setting of Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension.
- O'Connell BP, Yawn RJ, Hunter JB, Haynes DS Otol. Neurotol. 2016 Sep 37 8 e256-7
Honors & Awards
- American Neurotology Society Trainee Award
- Otolaryngology Case Reports Associate Editor
- American Cochlear Implant Alliance (2017)
- American Neurotology Society (2017)
- North American Skull Base Society (2017)