Originally from Patna, India, Dr. Khan holds a bachelor's degree in biomedical engineering from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, where she graduated cum laude. She earned her medical degree at The Ohio State University College of Medicine in Columbus. She completed internal medicine residency training at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, and completed advanced training through a fellowship in nephrology at Northwestern University in Chicago.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in nephrology, Dr. Khan joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2015. She is currently a nephrologist at Parkland Health and Hospital System.
Dr. Khan is a member of the American Society of Nephrology, the National Kidney Foundation, the American College of Physicians, and is Committee Chair of the American Women Muslim Physician Association.
Outside of work, she enjoys cooking and traveling.
- Medical School
- Ohio State University College of Medicine & Public Health (2009)
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation (2012), Internal Medicine
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (2015), Nephrology
- Therapies on the Horizon for Diabetic Kidney Disease.
- Khan SS, Quaggin SE Curr. Diab. Rep. 2015 Dec 15 12 111