Dr. Schwarz is Chief of the General Obstetrics and Gynecology Division and Vice Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas.
A 1968 graduate of the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, he completed a straight medicine internship at Dallas Veterans Hospital in Dallas followed by a residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Parkland Memorial Hospital (1968-1972). From 1972-1974, he was a research fellow in Gynecologic Endocrinology at UT Southwestern under the directorship of P.K. Siiteri, Ph.D. and P.C. MacDonald M.D., in the forerunner of the research center that became the Cecil H. and Ida Green Center for Reproductive Biology Sciences. In 1974, he joined the faculty of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Dr. Schwarz's administrative, teaching, and clinical responsibilities are in the Parkland Health and Hospital System. Since 2006, he has been Chief of Family Planning Services at Parkland Memorial Hospital. From 1983-2006, he served as Medical Director of Community Women's Health Care. And from 1989-2008, he was Medical Director of the Parkland School of Nurse-Midwifery. He also served on the Texas State Midwifery Board from 1999-2008.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1968)
- VA North Texas Health Care System (1969), Rotating
- Parkland Memorial Hospital (1972), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1974), Gynecologic Endocrinology
- American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Member - Texas Midwifery Board 1999-present
- Texas Association of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Texas Medical Association