He earned his medical degree at the University of São Paulo in Brazil, where he remained to complete his residency in diagnostic radiology. He received advanced training in body magnetic resonance imaging and cardiothoracic imaging through fellowship programs at UT Southwestern.
Dr. Kay's research interests include the diagnosis and treatment of several types of cancer, including tumors of the lung, kidney, and prostate, as well as imaging pulmonary embolism and coronary disease. He has co-authored more than 25 scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals and has contributed to seven textbooks.
- Medical School
- Universidade de Sao Paulo Faculdade de Medicina Sao Paulo (2001)
- Hospital das Clínicas da Universidade de Sao Paulo (2002), Internal Medicine
- Hospital das Clínicas da Universidade de Sao Paulo (2006), Diagnostic Radiology
- Other Post Graduate Training
- Insper, Brazil (2012)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (mri)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2017), Cardiothoracic Radiology