Alka Khera, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Alka Khera, M.D. is a Clinical Instructor in the Department of Neurology at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Khera specializes in evaluating, diagnosing, and treating diseases causing cognitive impairment such as Alzheimer’s Disease, Lewy Body Dementia, Frontotemporal Dementia, and atypical dementias.
Dr. Khera earned her medical degree at Wayne State University in Detroit, MI. She completed her neurology residency and behavioral neurology fellowship at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Khera is board certified in neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Dr. Khera has research interests in Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias as well as caregiver support.
Dr. Khera is a member of the American Academy of Neurology and Texas Medical Association.
- Medical School
- Wayne State University School of Medicine (2015)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2019), Neurology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2020), Behavioral Neurology
- Alzhimer's Disease
- Atypical dementias
- Frontotemporal Dementia
- Lewy Body Dementia
- Vascular Dementia
- Two Unique Mutations in HTRA1-Related Cerebral Small Vessel Disease in North America and Africa and Literature Review.
- Shang T, Pinho M, Ray D, Khera A, J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 2021 Aug 30 11 106029
- American Academy of Neurology (2015)
- Texas Medical Association (2020)