Alka Khera, M.D. is a Clinical Instructor in the Department of Neurology at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Khera specializes in evaluating, diagnosing, and treating diseases causing cognitive impairment such as Alzheimer’s Disease, Lewy Body Dementia, Frontotemporal Dementia, and atypical dementias.
Dr. Khera earned her medical degree at Wayne State University in Detroit, MI. She completed her neurology residency and behavioral neurology fellowship at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Khera is board certified in neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. She is also certified as a behavioral neurologist by the United Council of Neurologic Subspecialties.
Dr. Khera has research interests in Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias as well as caregiver support.
Dr. Khera is a member of the American Academy of Neurology, Texas Medical Association, and International Society to Advance Alzheimer's Research and Treatment.
- Medical School
- Wayne State University School of Medicine (2015)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2019), Neurology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2020), Behavioral Neurology
- Alzhimer's Disease
- Atypical dementias
- Caregiver support
- Frontotemporal Dementia
- Lewy Body Dementia
- Vascular Dementia
- Development of the multidimensional health perceptions questionnaire in English and Spanish.
- Juengst SB, Vega M, Holland AB, Herrera S, Higashi RT, Boix Braga M, Khera A, Kew CL, Silva V, J Patient Rep Outcomes 2022 Sep 6 1 104
- Cognitive Decline in Older People with Multiple Sclerosis-A Narrative Review of the Literature.
- Chiang HS, Khera A, Stopschinski BE, Stuve O, Hart J, Kelley B, Nguyen T, Geriatrics (Basel) 2022 Jun 7 3
- Diagnostic Utility of Hippocampal Volumetric Data in a Memory Disorder Clinic Setting.
- Ruchinskas R, Nguyen T, Womack K, Khera A, Yu FF, Kelley BJ, Cogn Behav Neurol 2022 Mar 35 1 66-75
- Two Unique Mutations in HTRA1-Related Cerebral Small Vessel Disease in North America and Africa and Literature Review.
- Shang T, Pinho M, Ray D, Khera A, J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 2021 Aug 30 11 106029
- American Academy of Neurology (2015)
- International Society to Advance Alzheimer's Research and Treatment (ISTAART) (2021)
- Texas Medical Association (2020)