Originally from Yaounde, Cameroon, Dr. Fomunung holds a bachelor's degree in cellular biology from the University of Georgia in Athens and completed his medical education at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore. He completed internal medicine residency training at Tulane University in New Orleans.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Fomunung joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2015.
Dr. Fomunung's interests outside of medicine include music, movies, reading, writing, and travel.
- Medical School
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2012)
- Tulane University School of Medicine (2015), Internal Medicine
- Global Health
- Patient-centered Care
- Transitions of Care
- Natural disasters and myocardial infarction: the six years after Hurricane Katrina.
- Peters MN, Moscona JC, Katz MJ, Deandrade KB, Quevedo HC, Tiwari S, Burchett AR, Turnage TA, Singh KY, Fomunung EN, Srivastav S, Delafontaine P, Irimpen AM Mayo Clin. Proc. 2014 Apr 89 4 472-7
Honors & Awards
- Yale/Stanford Johnson and Johnson Global Health Scholarship
Yale/Stanford Universities, Johnson and Johnson (2014)
- The Merage Foundation Fellowship
Merage Foundation for the American Dream (2008)
- Society of General Internal Medicine (2017-2019)
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2017-2019)