Dat Vo, M.D., Ph.D., a native of Fort Worth, joins the faculty of UT Southwestern after completing residency in radiation oncology at UT Southwestern. He earned his B.S. from the University of Texas at Austin then earned both his M.D. and Ph.D. at the University of Texas School of Medicine in San Antonio. Following that, he completed his residency at UT Southwestern where he served as chief resident. His interests include post-transcriptional gene regulation, nucleic acid-based diagnostics and therapeutics, and clinical radiation oncology with a particular interest in central nervous system cancer.
- Medical School
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2014)
- John Peter Smith Hospital (2015), Transitional Year
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2019), Radiation Oncology
- Clinical radiation oncology with a particular interest in head and neck cancer
- Nucleic acid-based diagnostics
- Post-transcriptional gene regulation
- 3D printed integrated bolus/headrest for radiation therapy for malignancies involving the posterior scalp and neck.
- Hsu EJ, Parsons D, Chiu T, Godley AR, Sher DJ, Vo DT, 3D Print Med 2022 Jul 8 1 22
- Primary central nervous system lymphoma: a real-world comparison of therapy access and outcomes by hospital setting.
- Patel AM, Ali O, Kainthla R, Rizvi SM, Awan FT, Patel T, Pan E, Maher E, Desai NB, Timmerman R, Kumar KA, Ramakrishnan Geethakumari P, Neurooncol Pract 2022 May 9 3 183-192
- Registration-guided deep learning image segmentation for cone beam CT-based online adaptive radiotherapy.
- Ma L, Chi W, Morgan HE, Lin MH, Chen M, Sher D, Moon D, Vo DT, Avkshtol V, Lu W, Gu X, Med Phys 2022 Apr
- Pilot Study of a Wearable Activity Monitor During Head and Neck Radiotherapy to Predict Clinical Outcomes.
- Sher DJ, Radpour S, Shah JL, Pham NL, Jiang S, Vo D, Sumer BD, Day AT, JCO Clin Cancer Inform 2022 Mar 6 e2100179
- Facile and direct detection of human papillomavirus (HPV) DNA in cells using loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP).
- Vo DT, Story MD, Mol Cell Probes 2021 Aug 101760
- Genomic analyses of early responses to radiation inglioblastoma reveal new alterations at transcription,splicing, and translation levels.
- Choudhary S, Burns SC, Mirsafian H, Li W, Vo DT, Qiao M, Lei X, Smith AD, Penalva LO, Sci Rep 2020 Jun 10 1 8979
- Clinical Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Staging and Tumor Length Measurement Results From U.S. Cancer Hospitals.
- Wu DY, de Hoyos A, Vo DT, Hwang H, Spangler AE, Seiler SJ, Acad Radiol 2020 Jun
- miR-125a-5p Functions as Tumor Suppressor microRNA And Is a Marker of Locoregional Recurrence And Poor prognosis in Head And Neck Cancer.
- Vo DT, Karanam NK, Ding L, Saha D, Yordy JS, Giri U, Heymach JV, Story MD, Neoplasia 2019 Jul 21 9 849-862
- Deep inspiration breathhold for left-sided breast cancer patients with unfavorable cardiac anatomy requiring internal mammary nodal irradiation.
- Mohamad O, Shiao J, Zhao B, Roach K, Ramirez E, Vo DT, Thomas K, Gu X, Spangler A, Albuquerque K, Rahimi A, Pract Radiat Oncol 2017 Nov - Dec 7 6 e361-e367
- Novel Use of an Image-Guided Stereotactic Approach in Trauma for Localization of Transcranial Bullet.
- Vo DT, Cravens GF, Germann RE, Cureus 2017 Jul 9 7 e1501
The Musashi1 RNA-Binding Protein: A Critical Regulator in Glioblastoma. In Molecular Targets of CNS Tumors
Vo DT, Sandhu D, Gelfond JA, Penalva LO (2011). InTech
Computational challenges, tools and resources for analyzing co- and post-transcriptional events in high throughput
Bahrami-Samani E, Vo DT, de Araujo PR, Vogel C, Smith AD, Penalva LO, Uren PJ (2014). Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: RNA
Post-transcriptional gene networks, Encyclopedia of Systems Biology
Penalva LO, Vo DT, Boutz D, Smith AD (2012). Springer
Musashi1: an RBP with versatile functions in normal and?cancer stem cells
Glazer RI, Vo DT, Penalva LO (2012). Front Biosci (Landmark Ed),
Honors & Awards
- ASTRO Annual Meeting Resident Poster Viewing Recognition Award
- American College of Radiation Oncology Resident Seed Grant
- Barbara Bowman Student of the Year Award
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2012)
- Rennels Memorial Award for Excellence in Graduate Studies
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2011)
- American Association of Cancer Research
- American Brachytherapy Society
- American College of Radiation Oncology
- American Society for Clinical Oncology
- American Society for Radiation Oncology
- Radiological Society of North America
- RNA Society