She joined the faculty in 2015.
Dr. Mangona’s research in areas of pediatric care and imaging has resulted in multiple original publications. She has investigated risk factor management after myocardial infarction, cystic lesions in spinal imaging, and computed tomography (CT) in the evaluation of pediatric trauma.
Dr. Mangona has maintained a strong commitment to community service and patient education throughout her career. As the founder of Kate’s Kids Camp, she directed employees and volunteers, and organized lesson plans for children ages 1 through 8. She has traveled to Mexico, Guatemala and Haiti on medical mission trips. She has mentored young Hispanic women, encouraging higher education and self-advocacy. And she has lobbied government officials about politically relevant radiology topics. Most recently, she taught yoga in Spanish and in English to low-income residents of Dallas.
Dr. Mangona is also a member of various national and international professional societies, including the American Board of Radiology, Radiological Society of North America, Society of Pediatric Radiology, American College of Radiology, and the Texas Radiological Society.
- Medical School
- University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Medicine (2009)
- William Beaumont Hospital (2010), Transitional Year
- William Beaumont Hospital (2014), Diagnostic Radiology
- Baylor College of Medicine (2015), Pediatric Radiology
- American Board of Radiology
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Pediatric Radiology
- Texas Radiological Society