Dr. Bangaru is originally from New York and did her undergraduate studies at Columbia University followed by medical school at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. She then completed her training in internal medicine at UTSW. She is currently one of the Chief Residents in Internal Medicine. She plans to pursue a career in Gastroenterology/Hepatology. Her interests outside of medicine include painting & sketching.
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Transplant Hepatology
- Inappropriate Use of Fecal Occult Blood Testing.
- Bangaru S, Tang D, Agrawal D JAMA Intern Med 2018 Oct
- Survey of Liver Transplantation Practices for Severe Acute Alcoholic Hepatitis.
- Bangru S, Pedersen M, Singal AG, Mufti A Liver Transpl. 2018 Aug
- HHV-8-associated haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis in a patient with advanced AIDS.
- Bangaru S, Strickland A, Cavuoti D, Shah N BMJ Case Rep 2017 Dec 2017
- Severe Elevation of Liver Tests in Choledocholithiasis: An Uncommon Occurrence With Important Clinical Implications.
- Bangaru S, Thiele D, Sreenarasimhaiah J, Agrawal D J. Clin. Gastroenterol. 2016 Jul
- A Bystander Effect of Lung Cancer Chemotherapy on Chronic Echinococcal Disease.
- Bangaru SD, Kozarsky PE, Lee DJ, Sica GL, Owonikoko TK World J Oncol 2015 Aug 6 4 416-420
- Striatum-based circuitry of adolescent depression and anhedonia.
- Gabbay V, Ely BA, Li Q, Bangaru SD, Panzer AM, Alonso CM, Castellanos FX, Milham MP J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2013 Jun 52 6 628-41.e13
- Growing together and growing apart: regional and sex differences in the lifespan developmental trajectories of functional homotopy.
- Zuo XN, Kelly C, Di Martino A, Mennes M, Margulies DS, Bangaru S, Grzadzinski R, Evans AC, Zang YF, Castellanos FX, Milham MP J. Neurosci. 2010 Nov 30 45 15034-43
- The beta subunit of voltage-gated Ca2+ channels interacts with and regulates the activity of a novel isoform of Pax6.
- Zhang Y, Yamada Y, Fan M, Bangaru SD, Lin B, Yang J J. Biol. Chem. 2010 Jan 285 4 2527-36
- Origin of the voltage dependence of G-protein regulation of P/Q-type Ca2+ channels.
- Zhang Y, Chen YH, Bangaru SD, He L, Abele K, Tanabe S, Kozasa T, Yang J J. Neurosci. 2008 Dec 28 52 14176-88
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (2017)
- American College of Gastroenterology (2017)