Heather Wolfe, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Division of Hematology and Oncology. She specializes in leukemia and lymphoma, and her clinical interests include cancer survivorship, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), small lymphocytic lymphoma, and other indolent lymphomas.
Originally from Charleston, West Virginia, Dr. Wolfe earned her medical degree at Indiana University, where she also earned a master’s degree in biology. She completed a residency in internal medicine at UT Southwestern, where she served as Chief Resident, then gained advanced training in hematology and oncology at Duke University, where she was Chief Fellow.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Wolfe joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2022.
She serves as the Director of CLL Survivorship at UT Southwestern.
Dr. Wolfe is an active member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the American Society of Hematology, and the Texas Medical Association.
Her research interests include cancer survivorship, quality-of-life improvement in patients with CLL and lymphoma, and novel therapies and patient-centered outcomes for lymphoma and leukemia. She has published several articles in peer-reviewed journals related to these topics.
In 2021, Dr. Wolfe was named Fellow of the Year by the North Carolina Oncology Association.
Outside of work, Dr. Wolfe enjoys traveling, cooking, gardening, and spending time with her family.
- Medical School
- Indiana University School of Medicine (2015)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2018), Internal Medicine
- Duke University Medical Center (2022), Hematology Oncology
- Cancer Survivorship
- Hematologic Malignancies
- Novel Therapies & Drug Combinations
- Patient-centered Outcomes
- Quality of Life in Hematologic Malignancies
- The Use of Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in Primary Myelofibrosis.
- Wolfe HR, Horwitz ME, Rein LAM, J Pers Med 2022 Apr 12 4
- The Evolving Landscape of Frontline Therapy in Chronic Phase Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML).
- Wolfe HR, Rein LAM, Curr Hematol Malig Rep 2021 10 16 5 448-454
- I Have Neutropenia-What Do I Need to Know?
- Gupta A, Wolfe HR, West HJ JAMA Oncol 2018 Aug
- Things We Do For No Reason: Neutropenic Diet.
- Wolfe HR, Sadeghi N, Agrawal D, Johnson DH, Gupta A J Hosp Med 2018 May
- Treatment of Immune Thrombocytopenia: A Teachable Moment.
- Wolfe HR, Bhushan M, Choi SH JAMA Intern Med 2018 Mar 178 3 406-407
- Evaluating Thrombocytopenia During Heparin Therapy.
- Shen YM, Wolfe H, Barman S JAMA 2018 Feb 319 5 497-498
- Unnecessary Staging Imaging in Early-Stage Breast Cancer: A Teachable Moment.
- Wolfe HR, Gupta A, Sadeghi N JAMA Intern Med 2017 Oct 177 10 1516-1517
Honors & Awards
- Fellow of the Year
North Carolina Oncology Association (2021)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Society of Hematology
- Texas Medical Association