Dr. Brown is originally from Florida but grew up in an Air Force family. He attended The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine in Hershey, Pennsylvania. He completed internal medicine training at UTSW and is currently serving as Chief Resident in Quality Improvement and Research for the residency program. He was drawn to UTSW for the opportunity to serve the underserved population at Parkland and work on cutting-edge research at the University. He is pursuing fellowship opportunities in hematology and oncology with a specific interest in investigating novel therapies for acute leukemias.
- Medical School
- Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine (2015)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2018), Internal Medicine
- Acute Leukemias and Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Quality Improvement
- Promoting High-Value Change by Addressing the Structure of Order Sets: Lessons From the Cardiac Catheterization Lab.
- Pokala N, Singh S, Hu G, Brown TJ, Pandey A, Das SR, Gupta A Am J Med Qual 2018 Sep 1062860618798920
- Applying the "COST" (Culture, Oversight, Systems Change, and Training) Framework to De-adopt the Neutropenic Diet.
- Gupta A, Brown TJ, Singh S, Sen A, Agrawal D, Li HC, Moriates C, Johnson DH, Sadeghi N Am. J. Med. 2018 Aug
- Therapeutic effect of Northern Labrador tea extracts for acute myeloid leukemia.
- McGill CM, Tomco PL, Ondrasik RM, Belknap KC, Dwyer GK, Quinlan DJ, Kircher TA, Andam CP, Brown TJ, Claxton DF, Barth BM Phytother Res 2018 Apr
- Pasireotide for the treatment of refractory hypoglycaemia from malignant insulinoma.
- Hendren NS, Panach K, Brown TJ, Peng L, Beg MS, Weissler J, Mirfakhraee S Clin. Endocrinol. (Oxf) 2018 Feb 88 2 341-343
- Therapeutic Effect of Blueberry Extracts for Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
- McGill CM, Brown TJ, Cheng YY, Fisher LN, Shanmugavelandy SS, Gustafson SJ, Dunlap KL, Lila MA, Kester M, Toran PT, Claxton DF, Barth BM Int J Biopharm Sci 2018 Jan 1 1
- Cutaneous adnexal adenocarcinoma with exquisite sensitivity to trastuzumab.
- Brown TJ, Sher DJ, Nedzi LA, Hughes RS, Beg MS, Mull J, Sarode VR, Khan SA Head Neck 2017 05 39 5 E69-E71
- Ex vivo drug response profiling detects recurrent sensitivity patterns in drug-resistant acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Frismantas V, Dobay MP, Rinaldi A, Tchinda J, Dunn SH, Kunz J, Richter-Pechanska P, Marovca B, Pail O, Jenni S, Diaz-Flores E, Chang BH, Brown TJ, Collins RH, Uhrig S, Balasubramanian GP, Bandapalli OR, Higi S, Eugster S, Voegeli P, Delorenzi M, Cario G, Loh ML, Schrappe M, Stanulla M, Kulozik AE, Muckenthaler MU, Saha V, Irving JA, Meisel R, Radimerski T, Von Stackelberg A, Eckert C, Tyner JW, Horvath P, Bornhauser BC, Bourquin JP Blood 2017 03 129 11 e26-e37
- Novel Application of Extracorporeal Photopheresis as Treatment of Graft-versus-Host Disease Following Liver Transplantation.
- Brown TJ, Gentry C, Hammer ST, Hwang CS, Vusirikala M, Patel PA, Matevosyan K, Tujios SR, Mufti AR, Collins RH ACG Case Rep J 2017 4 e48
- Association of the Extent of Resection With Survival in Glioblastoma: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Brown TJ, Brennan MC, Li M, Church EW, Brandmeir NJ, Rakszawski KL, Patel AS, Rizk EB, Suki D, Sawaya R, Glantz M JAMA Oncol 2016 Nov 2 11 1460-1469
- Metabolic changes during ovarian cancer progression as targets for sphingosine treatment.
- Anderson AS, Roberts PC, Frisard MI, McMillan RP, Brown TJ, Lawless MH, Hulver MW, Schmelz EM Exp. Cell Res. 2013 Jun 319 10 1431-42