Craig D. Rubin, M.D., is a Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine and Chief of the Division of Geriatric Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in Alzheimer’s disease, osteoporosis, and polypharmacy.
Dr. Rubin earned his medical degree at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-New Jersey Medical School and completed a residency in internal medicine at UT Southwestern.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in geriatric medicine, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 1985.
Dr. Rubin’s research focuses on geriatrics, Alzheimer’s disease, and age-related osteoporosis. He has received significant grant support for his research and published numerous academic articles.
He is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians and of the American Geriatrics Society, for which he also serves as a representative on the AMA House of Delegates. Additionally, he is a member of several other professional organizations, including the Association of Directors of Geriatrics Academic Programs and the American College of Physicians.
- Medical School
- University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey- New Jersey Medical School (1982)
- Parkland Health & Hospital System (1983), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1985), Internal Medicine
- Age-Related Osteoporosis and Sarcopenia
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Development of geriatrics-oriented faculty in general internal medicine
- Rubin CD, Stieglitz H, Vicioso B, Kirk L Ann Intern Med October 2003 139(7) 615-620
- Sustained-release sodium fluoride in the treatment of the elderly with established osteoporosis
- Rubin CD, Pak CYC, Adams-Huet B, Genant HK, Li J, Rao DS Arch. Intern Med 2001 161 2325-2333
- A randomized, controlled trial of outpatient geriatric evaluation and management in a large public hospital.
- Rubin CD, Sizemore MT, Loftis PA, Loret-de-Mola N. J Am Geriatr Soc 1993 41(10) 1023-1028
- The effect of geriatric evaluation and management on Medicare reimbursement in a large public hospital: A randomized clinical trial
- Rubin CD, Sizemore MT, Loftis PA, Adams-Huet B, Anderson RJ J Am Geriatr Soc 1992 40 989-995
- Characterization of osteoporosis in a patient with Werner’s syndrome
- Rubin CD, Zerwekh JE, Reed-Gitomer BY, Pak CYC J Am Geriatr Soc 1992 40 1161-1163
- The Primary Care of Alzheimer Disease.
- Rubin CD Am J Med Sci 2006 332(6) 314-333
- Differential activation on fMRI of monozygotic twins discordant for AD
- Lipton AM, McColl R, Cullum CM, Allen G, Ringe WK, Bonte FJ, McDonald E, Rubin CD Neurology May 2003 60 1713-1716
- Treating a patient with the Werner syndrome and osteoporosis with recombinant human insulin-like growth factor
- Rubin CD, Reed B, Sakhaee K, Pak CYC Ann Intern Med 1994 121(9) 665-668
Honors & Awards
- Margaret and Trammell Crow Distinguished Chair in Alzheimer’s and Geriatric Research
- Seymour Eisenberg Distinguished Professor in Geriatric Medicine
- Walsdorf Professor Professorship in Geriatrics Research
- Fellow American Geriatrics Society
- Fellow American College of Physicians
- American College of Physicians
- American Geriatrics Society
- American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
- Texas Geriatrics Society
- Texas Medical Association