Dr. Ross’s research focuses on how cells receive, amplify, integrate, and sort information. The work focuses on the integrated control of cellular signaling pathways, particularly those that involve GTP-binding proteins.
- Uni of California-Davis (1970), Biochemistry
- Graduate School
- Cornell University (1975), Biochemistry
- Computational modeling of signaling networks
- Integration of biological signaling
- Interaction of membrane-bound enzymes and hormone receptors
- Mechanisms of G protein-mediated signal transduction
- Structure of G protein-coupled receptors
- Amino Acids Regulate mTORC1 by an Obligate Two-Step Mechanism.
- Dyachok J, Earnest S, Iturraran EN, Cobb MH, Ross EM J. Biol. Chem. 2016 Sep
- Intrinsic PH Domain Motion in Phospholipase C-? Exposes a G?? Binding Site.
- Kadamur G, Ross EM J. Biol. Chem. 2016 Mar
- Mammalian phospholipase C.
- Kadamur G, Ross EM Annu. Rev. Physiol. 2013 Feb 75 127-54
- Activation biosensor for G protein-coupled receptors: a FRET-based m1 muscarinic activation sensor that regulates G(q).
- Chang S, Ross EM PLoS ONE 2012 7 9 e45651
- WNK1 promotes PIP2 synthesis to coordinate growth factor and GPCR-Gq signaling.
- An SW, Cha SK, Yoon J, Chang S, Ross EM, Huang CL Curr. Biol. 2011 Dec 21 23 1979-87
- Synergistic activation of phospholipase C-beta3 by Galpha(q) and Gbetagamma describes a simple two-state coincidence detector.
- Philip F, Kadamur G, Silos RG, Woodson J, Ross EM Curr. Biol. 2010 Aug 20 15 1327-35
- Coordinating speed and amplitude in G-protein signaling.
- Ross EM Curr. Biol. 2008 Sep 18 17 R777-R783
- Coordinate Regulation of G Protein Signaling via Dynamic Interactions of Receptor and GAP
- Turcotte, M., Tang, W., Ross, E.M. PLoS Computational Biology August 2008 4 e100148
- GTPase-activating proteins for heterotrimeric G proteins: regulators of G protein signaling (RGS) and RGS-like proteins.
- Ross EM, Wilkie TM Annu. Rev. Biochem. 2000 69 795-827
- Rapid GTP binding and hydrolysis by G(q) promoted by receptor and GTPase-activating proteins.
- Mukhopadhyay S, Ross EM Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 1999 Aug 96 17 9539-44
Honors & Awards
- NIGMS MERIT Award
- ASPET Goodman and Gilman Award for Drug-Receptor Pharmacology
- Chairman, Gordon Research Conference on Molecular Pharmacology
- Scientific Director, NATO/FEBS Adv. Study Inst. on Biological Signal Transduction
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (Section on Molecular Pharmacology)
- Biophysical Society