Rohit R Das is an epileptologist and neurologist with training and clinical interest in all forms of seizures and epilepsy and in the surgical evaluation and treatment of epileptic disorders. He is also trained and interested in patient safety and healthcare quality issues and electronic medical records.
Dr Das went to medical school in Bangalore India and subsequently completed a Master's degree in Public Health with the University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston. His thesis was on depression after traumatic brain injury. He completed residency in neurology at Boston University where he completed research with the world famous Framingham Heart Study. His fellowships in Epilepsy were completed at two principal teaching affiliates of the Harvard Medical School, the Brigham and Boston Children's.
Dr Das's research interests span epilepsy, patient safety and clinical informatics. He has held faculty appointments at the University of Louisville and Indiana University School of Medicine as well as visiting faculty appointments at the University of Rochester and Jagiellonian University (Krakow, Poland). During his tenure at Indiana University he served as Medical Director of the MD-MPH program, Competency Director- Systems Based Practice and as Course Director, Healthcare Quality Delivery.
- Medical School
- Bangalore Medical College (1999)
- University of Missouri (2003), Psychiatry
- Graduate School
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (2004)
- University of Pennsylvania Medical Center/McKeesport Hospital (2004), Internal Medicine
- Boston University School of Medicine (2007), Neurology
- Brigham and Women's Hospital (2008), Neurophysiology
- Boston Children's Hospital (2009), Pediatric Epilepsy
- Electronic Medical Records
- Epilepsy epidemiology
- Intractable epilepsy
- Patient safety and healthcare quality
- Impact of the 2006 Massachusetts health care insurance reform on neurosurgical procedures and patient insurance status.
- Villelli NW, Das R, Yan H, Huff W, Zou J, Barbaro NM J. Neurosurg. 2016 Mar 1-8
- American Clinical Neurophysiology Society Guideline 6: Minimum Technical Standards for EEG Recording in Suspected Cerebral Death.
- Stecker MM1, Sabau D, Sullivan L, Das RR, Selioutski O, Drislane FW, Tsuchida TN, Tatum WO 4th. J Clin Neurophysiol. 2016 4 33
- Clinical and Neuroimaging Profile of Children with Lesions in the Corpus Callosum.
- Harini C, Das RR, Prabhu SP, Singh K, Haldar A, Takeoka M, Bergin AM, Loddenkemper T, Kothare SV J Neuroimaging 2015 Sep-Oct 25 5 824-31
- The role of phenytoin in the treatment of localization related epilepsy: an international internet-based survey of neurologists and epileptologists.
- Das RR, Griesemer DA, Kothare SV ISRN Neurol 2013 2013 613456
- Racemose neurocysticercosis.
- Das RR, Tekulve KJ, Agarwal A, Tormoehlen LM Semin Neurol 2012 Nov 32 5 550-5
- Outcomes after discontinuation of antiepileptic drugs after surgery in patients with low grade brain tumors and meningiomas.
- Das RR, Artsy E, Hurwitz S, Wen PY, Black P, Golby A, Dworetzky B, Lee JW J. Neurooncol. 2012 May 107 3 565-70
- Sleep-wake patterns of seizures in children with lesional epilepsy.
- Kaleyias J, Loddenkemper T, Vendrame M, Das R, Syed TU, Alexopoulos AV, Wyllie E, Kothare SV Pediatr. Neurol. 2011 Aug 45 2 109-13
- Incidence and clinical decision making for the Wada test over one decade: 1997-2007.
- Das RR, Alexopoulos AV, Loddenkemper T Epileptic Disord 2010 Dec 12 4 249-54
- Statins in epilepsy: prime time? Not yet.
- Das RR, Herman ST Neurology 2010 Oct 75 17 1490-1
- Clinical correlations of midline spikes in children.
- Vendrame M, Tracy M, Das R, Duffy F, Loddenkemper T, Kothare SV Epilepsy Behav 2010 Aug 18 4 460-5
Review Manual for the Epilepsy Boards
Rohit R Das (Ed.) (2016). Seattle Wa, Amazon Direct
The Intracarotid Amobarbital Procedure. In Wyllie's Epilepsy
Das RR and Lodenkemper T (2011). New York NY, Elsevier
Autonomic Dysfunction and Syncope. In Handbook of Geriatric Neurology
Das RR (2014). New York NY, Wiley
- American Clinical Neurophysiology Society (2009)
- American Epilepsy Society (2007)
- American Academy of Neurology (2004)