- Graduate School
- Univ of California-Berkeley , Biophysics
- Medical School
- University of California-San D (1983)
- Characterization of the natural history and improvement of the treatment of children and adolescents with non-malignant hematologic diseases such as congenital bone marrow failure syndromes, aplastic anemia thalassemia, sickle cell disease, and immune cytopenias
- Development of optimum management approaches to major clinical events in children with sickle cell disease (febrile illness, chest syndrome, painful crisis, avascular necrosis, stroke)
- Use of hydroxyurea, transfusion, stem cell transplantation and other therapies, particularly in young children, to prevent the morbidity of sickle cell anemia
- Definitions of the phenotypic manifestations of sickle cell disease.
- Ballas SK, Lieff S, Benjamin LJ, Dampier CD, Heeney MM, Hoppe C, Johnson CS, Rogers ZR, Smith-Whitley K, Wang WC, Telen MJ Am. J. Hematol. 2010 Jan 85 1 6-13
- Renal function in infants with sickle cell anemia: baseline data from the BABY HUG trial.
- Ware RE, Rees RC, Sarnaik SA, Iyer RV, Alvarez OA, Casella JF, Shulkin BL, Shalaby-Rana E, Strife CF, Miller JH, Lane PA, Wang WC, Miller ST J. Pediatr. 2010 Jan 156 1 66-70.e1
- Stroke in sickle cell anemia: alternative etiologies.
- Dowling MM, Quinn CT, Rogers ZR, Journeycake JM Pediatr. Neurol. 2009 Aug 41 2 124-6
- One year follow-up of children and adolescents with chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) treated with rituximab.
- Mueller BU, Bennett CM, Feldman HA, Bussel JB, Abshire TC, Moore TB, Sawaf H, Loh ML, Rogers ZR, Glader BE, McCarthy MC, Mahoney DH, Olson TA, Feig SA, Lorenzana AN, Mentzer WC, Buchanan GR, Neufeld EJ Pediatr Blood Cancer 2009 Feb 52 2 259-62
- Intravascular hemolysis following low dose daily rifampin.
- Neunert CE, Paranjape GS, Cameron S, Rogers ZR Pediatr Blood Cancer 2008 Dec 51 6 821-3
- MRI abnormalities of the brain in one-year-old children with sickle cell anemia.
- Wang WC, Pavlakis SG, Helton KJ, McKinstry RC, Casella JF, Adams RJ, Rees RC Pediatr Blood Cancer 2008 Nov 51 5 643-6
- Pilot study of continuous co-infusion of morphine and naloxone in children with sickle cell pain crisis.
- Koch J, Manworren R, Clark L, Quinn CT, Buchanan GR, Rogers ZR Am. J. Hematol. 2008 Sep 83 9 728-31
- Vaso-occlusive episodes in older children with sickle cell disease: emergency department management and pain assessment.
- Frei-Jones MJ, Baxter AL, Rogers ZR, Buchanan GR J. Pediatr. 2008 Feb 152 2 281-5
- Prediction of adverse outcomes in children with sickle cell anemia: a study of the Dallas Newborn Cohort.
- Quinn CT, Lee NJ, Shull EP, Ahmad N, Rogers ZR, Buchanan GR Blood 2008 Jan 111 2 544-8
- Prognostic significance of early vaso-occlusive complications in children with sickle cell anemia.
- Quinn CT, Shull EP, Ahmad N, Lee NJ, Rogers ZR, Buchanan GR Blood 2007 Jan 109 1 40-5
Bone marrow failure syndromes. In Werner E, de Alarcon P, Christensen RD, eds. Neonatal Hematology: Pathogenesis, Diagnosis, and Management of Hematologic Problems. 2nd ed.
Rogers ZR, Alter BP. (2013). Cambridge University Press; 47-64.
Anemia Due to Diminished Red Blood Cell Production. In Rudolph CD, Rudolph AM, Lister G, First LR, Gershon AA, eds. Rudolph's Pediatrics. 22nd ed.
Rogers ZR. (2011). McGraw-Hill; 1549-1551.
Chediak-Higashi syndrome. In Roach ES, Miller VS, eds. Neurocutaneous Disorders.
Farah RA, Rogers ZR. (2004). Cambridge University Press; 296-300.
Honors & Awards
- Best Pediatric Specialists in Dallas
D Magazine (2015-2017)
- Mom-Approved Doctor
Child Magazine (2015)
- Physician Scientist Award, Fellow
Damon Runyon-Walter Winchell Cancer Research Fund (1990-1993)
- American Cancer Society
Texas Division Oncology, Research Fellowship (1989)
- Phi Beta Kappa
Alpha of California (1978)
- American Society of Hematology (1990)
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology (1989)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (1987)
- American Pediatric Society
- Society for Pediatric Research