Cory Atkinson, M.A.
Department Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
CORY ATKINSON, MA, CCC-SLP is a speech-language pathologist at the UT Southwestern Clinical Center for Voice Care. A lifelong singer, she received her Bachelor of Music in Vocal Performance at Trinity University and her Master of Arts in Speech-Language Pathology at Northwestern University, as well as a certificate in Vocology from the National Center for Voice and Speech. Her clinical practice began in 2002 as a voice specialist at The Center for Voice at Northwestern and Northwestern Memorial Hospital, and she performed as the lead singer in a honky-tonk band while living in Chicago. She specializes in the care of voice, swallowing, and airway disorders, including rehabilitation for head and neck cancer and laryngectomy.
- Undergraduate School
- Trinity University (1999), Vocal Performance
- Graduate School
- Northwestern University (2001), Speech-language Pathology
- Care of the professional voice
- Evaluation and treatment of voice disorders
- Paradoxical Vocal Fold Motion disorder
- Speech, swallowing, and voice treatment for head and neck cancer patients
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (2002)