Dr. Scielzo is an Associate Professor and Associate Director of Education in the Department of Internal Medicine, and Strategic Planning Consultant for Graduate Medical Education. Dr. Scielzo has an extensive background in Psychometrics/Measurement, Training, and Assessment, with specific research interests in areas such as mentoring/coaching, well-being, and evaluation best practices.
In her spare time, she enjoys spending time her with her family, cycling, and ice skating.
- Design and evaluation of residency program curricula
- Linkage of behavioral indices with selection components and training
- Psychometric-related applications (e.g., creating valid assessments)
- Training and Evaluation
- Resident Fuel Levels: Reframing, Assessing, and Addressing Well-Being
- Scielzo SA Weigle DC Kazi S J Grad Med Educ 2018
- The Fuel Gauge: A Simple Tool for Assessing General Surgery Resident Well-Being.
- Weis HB, Clark AT, Scielzo SA, Weis JJ, Farr D, Abdelnaby A, Weigle DC, Kazi S, AbdelFattah KR, J Surg Educ 2019 Aug
- Trauma Surgeon and Palliative Care Physician Attitudes Regarding Goals-of-Care Delineation for Injured Geriatric Patients.
- Cunningham HB, Scielzo SA, Nakonezny PA, Bruns BR, Brasel KJ, Inaba K, Brakenridge SC, Kerby JD, Joseph BA, Mohler MJ, Cuschieri J, Paulk ME, Ekeh AP, Madni TD, Taveras LR, Imran JB, Wolf SE, Phelan HA Am J Hosp Palliat Care 2019 Jan 1049909118823182
- Burn Surgeon and Palliative Care Physician Attitudes Regarding Goals of Care Delineation for Burned Geriatric Patients.
- Cunningham HB, Scielzo SA, Nakonezny PA, Bruns BR, Brasel KJ, Inaba K, Brakenridge SC, Kerby JD, Joseph BA, Mohler MJ, Cuschieri J, Paulk ME, Ekeh AP, Madni TD, Taveras LR, Imran JB, Wolf SE, Phelan HA J Burn Care Res 2018 May
- Resident Fuel Levels: Reframing, Assessing, and Addressing Well-Being.
- Scielzo SA, Weigle DC, Kazi SD J Grad Med Educ 2018 Apr 10 2 198-202
- Update in Rheumatology: Evidence Published in 2016.
- Solow EB, Scielzo SA, Kazi S Ann. Intern. Med. 2017 Mar
- Learning system assigned passwords (up to 56 bits) in a single session with the methods of cognitive psychology.
- Haque TSM Al-Ameen MN Scielzo SA Wright M USEC 2017 1-10
- Update in Rheumatology: Evidence Published in 2015.
- Scielzo SA, Stone L, Kazi S Ann. Intern. Med. 2016 May 164 9 W61-4
- Towards the memorability of system-assigned random passwords.
- Al-Ameen MN Fatema K Marne S Ahmed S Sovantharith S Wright M Scielzo SA SOUPS 2016
- The impact of cues and user interaction on the memorability of system-assigned recognition-based graphical passwords.
- Al-Ameen MN Fatema K Wright M Scielzo SA SOUPS 2015 185-196
Examining measure of team cognition in virtual teams: a heuristic and guidelines. In The PSI Handbook of Virtual Enrivonments for Training and Education: Developments for the Military and Beyond
Burke CS, Lum HC, Scielzo SA, Smith-Jentsch A and Salas E (2009). Westport, CT, Praeger Secruity International
Exploring gender-based differences in e-mentoring. In Refining Familiar Constructs: Altermative View in OB, HR, and I/O, Research in Organizational Science, Vol. 2
Smith-Jentsch KA, Scielzo SA, & Weichert MA (2007). Greenwich, CT, Information Age Publishing
Honors & Awards
- Furthering our Understanding: Resident Well-Being Fuel Gauge and Program Characteristics
Grant funded by the Southwestern Academy of Teachers (SWAT) (2017-2018)
- Physician Scientist Institutional Award Planning Grant
Grant funded by the Burroughs Welcome Fund (2017-2018)
- Resident Well-Being: Development and Validation of an Assessment System
Grant funded by the Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (2016-2018)
- Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (2015)
- Psychometric Society (2009)
- American Psychological Association (APA) (2008)
- Dallas Area Industrial and Organizational Psychologists (DIAOP) (2008)
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES) (2008)
- Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) (2004)